490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Picked up an 86 Nissan King Cab 4x4 last weekend. Unfortunately there is no owners manual for it.

This thing is a 4 cyl. with 8 spark plugs, Can anyone tell me what motor this is? Displacment? is this a "Z" series motor? and are parts easy to get? The people i got it from were clueless about it but it's in pretty good condition with a good strait body. Kinda wimpy on power though.

Any help would be appreciated,

Dave

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I had one of those, great little truck that can rack up the miles with no problems. I dont remember off hand what the motor number was. It pulls strong except when i added 32" mud tires. ;) I still have the jump seats for and put them in my tree stand. I dont think i still have the book for it but will look in the barn.

Parts were like any other Nissan product, alot. Only problem we had in the 10years of owning it was the front hubs kept unlocking when it was below 32 degrees. Of course this is when i needed them locked for get thru the snow. They replaced the hubs twice and no deal. So i learned to live with it and they stayed locked above 32degrees. Oh yeah, u joints went too but i think that was from dumping the clutch and leaving half moon circles on the pavement. :laugh: Can you tell i was young at the time? This was also the truck i learned to drive a stick on.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Thanks Y'all, There is a "Z" on the valve cover, the rest of the sticker is gone but i'll at least be able to get the basics for a tune-up. I'll also be needing tires(32's will be out of my price range but sounds good) a new exaust and brakes for sure.
There is a vibration above about 45 mph, i suspect U-joints and tires on that.

Thanks Guys!

Dave...

Top Bottom