wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
I know that if you change the oil in the rear shock you need to release the pressuer from the nitrogen tank, but in my clymer's manual its says that you should fill it with notrogen or compressed air and no other form of air. Does compressed air react differently than nitrogen or will it react the same? I didn't want to do this in case the nitrogen has addvantages over air then i would just wait until i found some one to fill it but if the compressed air would work the same way than i would use that.

Victorylap

Sep 3, 2004
Nitrogen is a very stable inert gas. It will not change pressure as dramaticly as compressed air. Therefore I would not reccoment adding compressed air to your shock.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
well i do have access to a nitrogen tank but i don't have the adapter to be able to fit that valve on the canister. Does any one know where you could buy one? I think is just some universal adapter for the tanks? maybe?

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
You can search some older posts here to see what some other, more knowledgable, people have said. They may have said soemthing about using a regular chuck and what to do to compensate.

Top Bottom