NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
it's all good... I have the KDX still... this bike was kinda a project with a freind... we got a '82 YZ125 were gonna wreck next... lol... (the bike is in very tough shape.... we were just hoping to get a season of beater riding on it.... *sigh*)

I was thinking the e-Bay thing,.... how much does it cost to run an add there anyways...

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
I can't remember off the top of my head. I think it is $.35 to list something for $1.00 to $9.99, then they take a 5.125% cut out of the first $25 final sale price and I think 2.x% up to $1,000. They charge a listing fee, which is a fee just to put something on there. If anyone bids on it, then they take a cut of whatever the high bid was. You can read more about all the fine details there, but that is the jist of it.

If you list the whole bike and do not want to ship it (or disassemble it and ship the parts), then it may be real tough to find a local buyer to come pick it up. Like most other things, parting it out, will take longer, but you are likely to make more money that way.

If you do try to part it out, don't put it in 100 auctions. Also, don't kill yourself by putting one or two dollar items on there. Have a few parts and start off at $5 or $10.

Those are some general suggestions. I have been on there for about 6 years. It is a great place to find stuff cheap, plus a great way to sell things to a much wider market than usual.

Top Bottom