Nizzan Frontier4wdr V6, non super/charged

John Janek

~SPONSOR~
Jan 9, 2004
I am looking at a mid size pu w/ better gas milage than my F150 5.4. What Can I expect from gas milage with easy, conservative driving habits with the Nizzan. In the future, I would like to get a single axle inclosed trailer for the bike(s), so I would like something that could tow with out much laboring on the engine, etc., and it looks like it has a good towing capicity. The new chevy (colorada) looks like a neat truck, lists for quite a bit more, but I do not want to be a trail case, with two new engines. My mileage could be around 40K year, so warranty is not so much a factor as making 200k plus with minium maintenance. I am looking for real world experiences. Thanks John

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hi John,
I drive a 03 Nissan, i average about 18mpg, drops some when towing.. Today i just installed a K&N air filter, so we'll see if the MPG comes up.. Ive towed up too 4 bikes, all the gear and people w/no problems.. So far i have 20k on it and it still runs like the day i got it.. Zero problems.. FOr 2005 they are changing the Frontier, going too a 4.0L engine and a 5-spd auto.. Towing capacity will increase too 5,500 lbs from 5,000 lbs..
Hope this helps you out,
Rick

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom