aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
I'm actually still learning (I guess you are always learning) the whole dirt side of riding. I've gotten pretty comfortable, but still working on technique. I figured some of those asterisks would also help with the knees as far as support goes, I just had no basis for opinion. Let me know how you like them, I'm looking into a set as well... Nothing wrong with trying to prevent a little pain later on...

Man, maybe I shouldve been a surgeon... :)

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
will do. Mine should be in pretty soon.

Arob4107

Nov 5, 2006
Its been a while since anyone has posted on here, but i think its the best place for me to ask my question. I will be moving to Cannon AFB in Clovis in a couple months and have been scowering the internet for info on places to ride near by. Im deffinately not against driving to some of the places mentioned in this thread every now and then, but its like a 3-4 hour drive for just about all of them. going through that every weekend is a little too much driving, although im deffinately going to have to check out white sands if your allowed to ride there.

so my question is if anyone may know of some good riding spots closer to Clovis? perhaps a little ways into Texas?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Arob4107 said:
Its been a while since anyone has posted on here, but i think its the best place for me to ask my question. I will be moving to Cannon AFB in Clovis in a couple months and have been scowering the internet for info on places to ride near by. Im deffinately not against driving to some of the places mentioned in this thread every now and then, but its like a 3-4 hour drive for just about all of them. going through that every weekend is a little too much driving, although im deffinately going to have to check out white sands if your allowed to ride there.

so my question is if anyone may know of some good riding spots closer to Clovis? perhaps a little ways into Texas?

There is a bunch of good riding in southeastern NM.

The Lubbock Trail Riders have an active group. Rattle Danman's cage and he can fill you in.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
Anybody still checking this thread?

I'm interested in the WEBE next weekend in Farmington, anybody have any advice about the camping, racing, not crashing....

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
OnAnySunday said:
Wow!
If you see a fat old guy on an ancient red xl500, yell howdy! :laugh:

Stop by my pop-up.
Just look for my Tacoma (pretty unique) and the associated pop-up. I'm bringing an extra chair and some wine coolers, stop by and sit a spell.

I'm pulling in Friday evening in hopes of finding a good level spot.

Clicky on the PIC

f1uffy

Jun 14, 2007
anybody here?

Hi NM thread! Still out on my dirt bike. Riding Cedro peak now. Fun fun. Street bike ready to add some miles too :)

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
results of the WeBe Farmington Race

Thought maybe I should post up what happened to me at the Farmington WeBe race.

Saturday was great, ran the pre-race successfully, and had a great time.
Sunday started out pretty good, but then a very large rock in the wash jumped out and knocked me over the handle bars and into the ground head first. I ended up breaking two ribs on my left side which knocked me out of the race....bummer. :bang:

So, now that I can't ride for two months, I'm going to learn now to adjust my valves...... :cool:

usagi

May 11, 2009
Hey guys. Just joined up as I've finally picked up a bike after years out of the saddle. 1990 KDX 200. It's stock for now, until I get the parts from my old '89 (sleeved 240cc cyl, forged piston/rod, pipe, silencer, etc.) that my cousin blew up 7 years ago. Anyway, looking forward to hit up Southern throughout the summer since I live right down the road. Just wanted to say hey, and see you on the dirt.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
usagi said:
Hey guys. Just joined up as I've finally picked up a bike after years out of the saddle. 1990 KDX 200. It's stock for now, until I get the parts from my old '89 (sleeved 240cc cyl, forged piston/rod, pipe, silencer, etc.) that my cousin blew up 7 years ago. Anyway, looking forward to hit up Southern throughout the summer since I live right down the road. Just wanted to say hey, and see you on the dirt.

super. welcome and see ya out there when I get patched up. :cool:

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
How could I let the thread I started die? LOL. My bad, I just been out of the riding game for awhile (house purchase tends to cut out on some of the fun time/ $$$$).

I'm back in it now though and just picked up an '07 YZ450F to replace my '04 KTM 125sx. I went out to Montessa for a couple hours this past Sunday, just feeling out the bike and making sure all is ok. Man what an upgrade in terms of power and what a different power band! With the weather supposed to be half decent this week I'll try to get out again sometime Friday - Sunday.

How is everyone else? Still riding?

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
update

man.....its been a while.

I haven't been out on the dirt bike in a long, long time. The wife and I picked up a 2008 Suzuki M109R2 and haveing been cruising on that nearly every weekend, until it was just too darn cold..... :|

My WR250F has been relegated to the garage and stuck on a bike stand. :| Pretty sad. I'm hoping if the weather gets better I can get out there over the break. I hope. Uggh, I can't believe how long its been since I've ridden the dirt bike.....

G FORCE

Jul 30, 2007
Oooo the M109R is a nice bike! I was eyeing them when I was shopping for a street bike. I ended up picking up a used Buell Lightning as my first street bike. I agree, it's gotten a bit too cold to ride consistently but there have been occasional warmer days (like today).

Let us know if you do make it out! I'll most likely be out riding somewhere this Sunday (pending weather) for a couple hours. 8)

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
Definitely! I've got an electric vest that makes a world of difference when riding. I did a short ride last Saturday around Santa Fe, lots of fun.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Hi N.M. group, Porkchop wants to go riding in your state after it warms up.
Thanks !

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
Porkchop said:
Hi N.M. group, Porkchop wants to go riding in your state after it warms up.
Thanks !

Where are you from? Or rather, are you living here now?

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
jessica456 said:
hay guys wad up man im so bored but i figured ya would want 2 know i got tons of dirtbike parts if u need any

Whatcha got?

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
134 north Lat. X 112 west Long. Aprox.

hunt4steve said:
Where are you from? Or rather, are you living here now?
Porkchop calls SO. Cal home, 2 states west of yours.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
This forum needs a jump start!!!!

How bout some pics?

Took this one up in the mountains north of Silverton Co.

DSCF1235.jpg

:)

DSCF1205.jpg

Top Bottom