MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
OK, we have all noticed that the NMA has not been getting the Off Roader magazine out very well this year.

At the NMA meeting last night I got a little hot :flame: because I think this is a serious problem with maintaining our member base. There are a lot of folks who don't realize the important legislative work that the NMA does and all they think they get from the NMA is the sticker and magazine. When the magazine is AWOL, those folks won't be much interested.

Once I got through making a fool of myself we had some frank and productive discussion.

• Lucy, we got some 'splainin' to do...
  • The next Off Roader will hit your mail box the third week of November
  • There should be another issue in December / early January
  • In 2004 the magazine will publish on a schedule. If the issue is short of content because articles were not submitted - tough. The issues will go out anyway. This schedule discipline will force us to deliver and we will once again be considered reliable by our members and advertisers.

OK now here is where you can help. The delays this year were simply that we didn't have content to publish. Our chief writer has had business and personal responsibilities that made it so he hasn't been writing. We need to provide articles for the Off Roader.

I want you DRN/KTM Talk/Thumper Talk folks to write one article a month. It can be anything on topic as long as it supports our goal of "Preserving Off Road Motorcycling". Race reports, legal alerts, trail ride reports, fiction, pictures or stories about kids learning to ride, technical how-to articles. This should be fun for those of us on these boards.

You can email your submissions to me and I'll forward them.

Whaddya Say?

Last edited:

Tahuya Rat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
I say the NMA's biggest problem right now is illustrated by the fact you're (probably) the only one here who knew they had a meeting/were allowed to go to it.

Dave Hiatt's got a message on the site ("Speak up, be heard" 10/18/03") in which he chides the members for not getting involved, yet when we try, we are ignored :think:

Your efforts are appreciated greatly, MACE, but as a NMA member, why do I need a go between?

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
T'Rat, thanks for the encouraging words.:think:

Originally posted by Tahuya Rat
I say the NMA's biggest problem right now is illustrated by the fact you're (probably) the only one here who knew they had a meeting/were allowed to go to it.
The meetings are open to all members. The meeting place and time are not that hard to figure out. They are printed in each Off Roader. Hey, maybe we should put some effort into getting the Off Roader rolling...

Dave Hiatt's got a message on the site ("Speak up, be heard" 10/18/03") in which he chides the members for not getting involved, yet when we try, we are ignored :think:
Please site specifics where you were ignored. We are working our asses off and would be fools to turn away motivated supporters. Keep in mind that we need deputies, not more assignments.

Your efforts are appreciated greatly, MACE, but as a NMA member, why do I need a go between?
Quit ****ing busting my chops! I am taking this problem on and want to be involved to make sure there is follow through. I write most of the NMA calendar book and have committed to breathing life into the Off Roader so I am an appropriate person to recieve O-R contributions.

The NMA is doing good work. When we fail we need motivated people to step up and make things right. If we all spent 10% of the time we spend on the internet working to improve our organization we would be getting somewhere - fast.

I learned a great lesson in CPR class. If you need a medic you don't yell "someone call 911". You look at one person and say "You, you call 911".

T-Rat, write an article for the Off-Roader.

Top Bottom