Spartiatis

Jul 15, 2009
I recently bought a 1997 CR250. I tried to adjust my rebound and compression dampening. I am new to this but in the manual it said to go by the amount of CLICKS i hear. The problem is, none of them click at all. Does this mean I need a rebuild?? What could be wrong? Please help

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
If you don't hear a click, you should "feel" it. Use a small driver, and feel for it to sorta settle into place. Count each time it does. If not, then someone has buggered up your clickers.

kawamaha

Mar 16, 2005
turn the screws all the way in clockwise. how many turns can you turn them counterclockwise? 4 clicks is one turn, so it should be 5 to 6 turns you can turn them out.
normally it's no problem if you hear a click or not but it sounds strange that no one clicks

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
The aluminum adjusters that save weight don't seem to have the longevity that the older brass ones had. The ball and detent seems to foul with use and dirt. You can rebuild them some of the time and with a little cleaning and lubrication, they are good to go for a while. When designing our fork BSIX5 fork system we decided to use Stainless, the E7 uses brass. Both seem to be good, but the stainless is preffered beacuse you can't kill it with a sloppy screwdriver technique durring adjustments.

Jer

Dino Y

Sep 17, 2003
if you feel difference when adjusting clicks don't matter.
Mark where you set them and see if the adjusters move themselves though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom