maxcer2003

Jun 12, 2003
hey i got a problem with my 94 250 ex-c ktm, I put a new ratchet spring in the kickstart, and the bike later started up fine but its as if the clutch dose not disengage, i need to roll down a hill to get going so it dons't stall.

Later riding around for a while it became clear that the clutch was not functioning, as pulling in the leaver did nothing in 1st gear, and to recall, I do remember first getting on the bike after it was fixed and pulling the clutch in, it made a small jerk only once.

if anyone has any idea what might be wrong, and if i need to take the engine case off again???

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
for how long did you try it? I removed the clutch and back on again and when i started it the clutch didnt seem to work, it stalled when i put a gear in. However i found nothing was wrong so i tried again and same problem but i reved a bit and put first gear in and it got going. After just a few secs riding the clutch worked again, i think it have something to do with no oil between the plates after having it apart.

maxcer2003

Jun 12, 2003
yea, it stalls when on flat ground, but getting it going down a hill helps. Its almost like not using the clutch at all when i ride.

Top Bottom