MeanorMX

May 30, 2007
I heard at some races this weekend that Honda is discontinuing their whole 2-Stroke line, is this true or has someone heard about this?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
02yz426f said:
They have an 08 model coming out.

Where's your proof on this claim?

The press release they put out last year claimed 2007 would be the last model year for the 2 stroke bikes.

From a press release issued by American Honda:

American Honda recently advised dealers that its current line of two-stroke motocross machines will be discontinued after the 2007 model year.

“This decision reflects Honda’s commitment to environmental leadership in the markets in which we compete,” stated Honda Motorcycle Division Senior Vice President, Ray Blank.

“U.S. market trends and the success of Honda’s revolutionary Unicam™ four stroke motocross and off-road machines, bolstered by the 2007 CRF150R, make this a logical evolution of our product line.”

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I am pretty partial to my bike, but I really don't mind that they are discontinuing the line..

It certainly won't affect my life in the least bit. My 2 Stroke Honda will not be discontinued.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
THORmx_nucca said:
I grabbed a fresh Honda before they were gone. =D
Or... If I get greedy for another bike, I'll move to Canada.

I don't know if that will work, as I think Honda is dropping two-strokes worldwide.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
i wonder if the price of used 2 strokes will go up after all new strokers get discontinued. i could never afford a new bike anyway so the used market is my home. i fear a rent hike :(

keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
07 is the last..it is worldwide my local is changing all his stock to the 4stroke..i wonder if the price of a 2 stroke in years to come wil sky rocket>

Top Bottom