weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Rumor has it in the Chainsaw forum's that Mobil has dropped the two stroke oil from the product line. This has been my staple for saws and motorcycles for several years....WHAT's next? I was able to mix MX-2T at 32-1 for my saws and vintage bikes and they ran clean! Any two stroke oils give the saem level of Film Strength, Higher Temp capabilities and run as clean as the MX-2T did? Before MX-2T I used the Belray H1R but it was really expensive.

The Chainsaw group recommended ECHO's oil as a replacement..what do the experts here think?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
What about "BLENDZALL RACING CASTOR GREEN LABEL" which claims to also mix with alcohol...implying that with new alcohol blends may be "ok" with this oil??

(Where is Rich R when you need him? :p )

Canmx120

Mar 25, 2006
I've been using Motul 8002t for awhile, and it seems to be cleaner than the bel-ray stuff I used to run. Its a little cheaper too if you buy it in the 1L bottle. Only down side are those pain in the a** to open bottles, haha.

Redrodent

Jul 31, 2002
No rumor. It's on ExxonMobils site. Discontinued fall 07.

Grabbed enough at AutoZone today to last a while :ride:

Thanks for the tip :nod:

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
I used to use MX2T in all my bikes. Switched over to Yamaha 2 stroke oil.......it is pretty reasonably priced. I just use Wally world 2 smoke oil in my chainsaw. Castor based oils are among the best lubricants but they can leave deposits.

tom9286

Feb 25, 2007
Redrodent said:
No rumor. It's on ExxonMobils site. Discontinued fall 07.

Grabbed enough at AutoZone today to last a while :ride:

Thanks for the tip :nod:

bought my local Autozone out of stock on 12th. 10 bottles of it! Its always rough throwing out 100$ on oil at a time hah.

Maybe i should go buy another store out. at 8.50 a quart this stuff is CHEAP without this ill be stuck paying $$$ at a local cycle shop to buy something suitable.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Years ago I switched from H1R since my bike just didn't run crisp with it. I tried MX-2T and it was okay but then found Amsoil and never looked back.

May 9, 2007
I tried Racing 2T (formerly MX2T), and didn't like it, too much piston wash. It seems to have high levels of kerosene in the blend for cleanliness, and in my opinion (not that it means much )the lubricating qualities seemed less than stellar because of this. I went back to Klotz and never looked back...just my $.02

Of course, now I just use straight gas... :nener:

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Filthy_McNasty said:
I tried Racing 2T (formerly MX2T), and didn't like it, too much piston wash. It seems to have high levels of kerosene in the blend for cleanliness, and in my opinion (not that it means much )the lubricating qualities seemed less than stellar because of this. I went back to Klotz and never looked back...just my $.02

Of course, now I just use straight gas... :nener:

Where, exactly, did you come up with the information that MX2T contains kerosene? Or that kerosene was an oil addtive used for "cleanliness."

Because I'll be honest with you, having spent 13 years in the oil additive industry myself, this post just reeks of BS to me.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
mtk said:
Because I'll be honest with you, having spent 13 years in the oil additive industry myself, this post just reeks of BS to me.

Welcome to the internet. :)

d_alexand

May 14, 2007
this is a joke right

That news sucks! :yell:

I just switched to the Mobil 2T. :bang: AutoZone is about 2 minutes from my house, and the nearest cycle shop is about 25 minutes away... I guess I better stock up.

Redrodent

Jul 31, 2002
One more down.I think spark plugs are only part left I can just run out and buy, should the need arise. And that's not at a dealer either. I've heard "No, but we can order it" so many times that I've stopped asking.

"Jets? Jets? What's that? Where does it go on the bike? Where? Show me."

Welcome to the future

CWS

Dec 16, 2007
I have been using Motul 800 2t for a couple of years now. I even run 32:1. The engine is super clean on the inside when I do top ends and such...no build up inside the engine except a little area off-set in the center of the top of the piston... ;)

Top Bottom