Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
the place ive always rode for trails,hills,and some fun will no longer be able to be used :whiner: . starting next week the will be handing out tickets(150$ Can) for anyone riding here. This is all because about a year ago, a nice lady was walking the canal path(paved) when an atv hit her going pretty fast(it was a hit and run), she was in serious condition but now she is fine fournitly. Now ive got a few bikes with nowhere to ride!!there are a few MX tracks around but they arent so cheap for the amount i ride...all's it takes is 1 stupid guy to ruin something for everyone. does anyone know of any riding spots around St.Catharines-Welland,Ontario,Canada area??

i hope nothing bad like this happens around your local riding areas....

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
That's a bummer, i know how you feel though.
Great spot back home in Pa. met the same fate.
Cooney bros. mines (aka: "Big Murph") closed down after a couple of punk @$$s decided to reduce one of the mine's $100,000 yuke trucks to scrap iron.
An absolutely GREAT place to ride!
(75 to 100 people might be up there on any summer weekend.)
It's just a fond memory now................... :( :whiner: :(

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
yep it was great, it was always packed on weekends great trails hills everything basically. if we get that riding spot back ill do everything i can to make sure it doesnt get taken away!

happy fish

Aug 25, 2002
its true one person can ruin it for hundreds of others theres these sand dunes off this one road but now the DEC is closing it down because a couple guys went through and started a fire in some guys lawn but the stupid thing is they dont even know if the guys were there on dirtbikes or 4wheelers or drving cars or even just walking by

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Wow, a kid from the home town. The last time I rode Welland, I didn't get any hassles at all. Where abouts are you unloading the bikes? We usually unload right near the rowing club, and either follow the tracks underneath the canal, or take the gravel path up to Robin's. I usually ride Bieda's, or behind GM on Glendale. Also there is a nice clay pit up in Burlington, just off the 403. We should be heading out to Bieda's sometime this week if you want to meet up. Drop me a PM.

Take it easy,

Bill

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
ya if you keep clear of the walking paths the police don't seem to bother you. Also you can ride on the east side of the canal in welland without problems. They run the welland mud run there. You can follow the path that is cut out. I am going out riding this afternoon. So if I get busted I'll let you know ASAP

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
great news! the guy from the sea way was just lieing, nothen but some stupid rumor(WHEW), i looked into it and police arent aloud to pull us over on our dirtbikes, unless necessary.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Fly'in_Kaw... October is free for me......Need to get Scott and Huckster...out for a day of October mudfest.... Let me know and info on the way to meet up with ya.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
wow i never knew there were so many riders around st.catharines on DRN, does anyone ride at beidas? i saw a few guys there about a month ago with the DRN front fender sticker.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Y2Z, that was me on my RM I bet. I haven't seen anyone with DRN fender stickers, except at Paragon :) You should have come up to me, what were you riding? Did you park a truck near the pond?? I remember a couple of kids there, plus one came up to me and asked what time it was....

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
ooo ya no **** it was you, i remember your buddy fell coming down the table top lol. i dunt know if you saw but i was only riding for 15 mins and my whole back brake casing broke! i guess riding isnt cheap these days, a buck a minute! i got the part (it wasnt easy) and its great now. but recently the throttle stuck on my dads bike going down a gravel road, the chunk gone was right to the bone :scream:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Ouch. I had to replace all the rear wheel bearings today, picked them up at Canadian Bearing for half what I would have paid at Clare's. We'll need to hook up for more than 15 mins of riding :)

Top Bottom