No Offense, but...

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
...I think now Woodsracer.com is going out of its way to copy DRN.
Seems to me that due to lack of creativity they have decided to flat out copy DRN. I subscribed to it myself:eek: and got a PERSONAL MESSAGE advertising AVATARS and REFERRALS. Other than colors the site seems to be nearly identical to this one, though it doesn't have the same amount of traffic and sponsors.
When I initially joined I thought it would be cool to have a couple different places to hang out, I didn't realize that it was just another copy of this site.
My suggestion to Woodsracer: Come up with something original, copy cats are usually shortlived.

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I see what you mean. I also see a lot of DRN folks there. Did they get confused and think they were home?

B

biglou

I could be wrong, but I think it is a software package that you purchase that gives your forum it's look. Does anyone know if that is correct? Okie?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You'll notice slight differences; the software is customizable, but yes, the software can be bought and looks basically like this one.

I dont really see that it's a copy?

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
Maybe is a compliment

Originally posted by Wolf
Well, this was in no way intended to be a flame, but I guess it could turn into one very easily.:p

From the title No Offence but ...hehe

A spade is a heart in this world .....

P.S. I would not know because any site that condones certain types of riding is no site for me.

If ya need me I'll be sitting on my tail gate

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I don’t think it’s that bad. Yes, it’s similar, there’s not as much traffic, but it’s not a bad idea to have a place just for off road stuff. There are some familiar faces . . . some good, some not so good. :p

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Re: Maybe is a compliment

Originally posted by Yamamoto

From the title No Offence but ...hehe

A spade is a heart in this world .....

P.S. I would not know because any site that condones certain types of riding is no site for me.

If ya need me I'll be sitting on my tail gate

WHAT???

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Hey moto! Has that tailgate formed to your "cheeks" yet? :confused:

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22
I don’t think it’s that bad. Yes, it’s similar, there’s not as much traffic, but it’s not a bad idea to have a place just for off road stuff. There are some familiar faces . . . some good, some not so good. :p
They may as well go on and add a "why I think all men are pig's forum".:)

Last edited:

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Again, it really wasn't meant to be a flame but an observation, that's why I originally posted it in the General Disc. Forum. The title was misleading, sorry (although only 1 person seemed to have been mislead;) )

I just find it a little bit strange that with every day that goes by the site becomes more and more DRN-like....Avatars, PMs, etc.

Maybe it is a compliment.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I’m surprised there isn’t a women’s forum yet. I doubt I’d be welcome there if there was. :p However, anytime I want second-hand mechanical advice and expertise on Husabergs or TTRs, I know where to go! :silly:

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
Not really

Originally posted by Okiewan

Was "condone" really the word you were looking for? :D

I was looking for a hex bolt, but an allen will do.

I like the way drn is set up because it has everything.

Strick ...sorry about the abstract crap, I guess you would of had to been there for that.

I guess I am the one.....but wait I did not move this thread ???????????

But I think its a good flame ....valid in my book ....had you not contradicted your self I would be in the same boat with ya. scary huh...lol

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by firecracker22
However, anytime I want second-hand mechanical advice and expertise on Husabergs or TTRs, I know where to go! :silly:

L M A O :p

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
They may as well go on and add a "why I think all men are pig's forum".:)

Hey, I resemble that remark... OINK :scream:

Nverfastenuf

May 4, 2001
[ However, anytime I want second-hand mechanical advice and expertise on Husabergs or TTRs, I know where to go! :silly: [/B][/QUOTE] FC22, you are about ready to give up that KTM for the trusty little TTR, huh!!HAHAH.:)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Nverfastenuf
FC22, you are about ready to give up that KTM for the trusty little TTR, huh!! HAHAH. :)

Well, obviously it’s the superior motorcycle! Two strokes are all crap anyway and nobody should ride them! And who needs a rear disc brake, 43mm forks, hydraulic clutch and an o-ring chain? Pshaw, outdated.

Everybody should ride a TT-R!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

And Firecracker, I'm rollin' on the floor with Rich, et al. You're killin' me! If the BBR thing don't work out, you could go to Hollywood and be a comedy writer!

I wonder if we'll get some new members of the AKC from over there?:think

Top Bottom