zomiemama

Jun 8, 2009
Hey guys

So i thought i'd change the silencer packing because i'm doing all round maitnence for the bike.

I opened the silencer and wow...... no packing :coocoo: , and i was wondering why my bike was so loud...

lol i guess the guy before me never put any in. My question is would this have screwed anything up? I'm hoping it didn't and will be repacking it tommorow with the fmf stuff i just bought.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
it afect jetting also on most mx bikes. that may be what cause your bike odd jetting.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
A high revver will tend to burn-up/blow-out the packing. A lugger/short-shifter will contaminate the packing with oil (you're talking 2-stroke?)
We change ours every 50 hours run time.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The packing keeps exhuast flowing through the core of the silencer. If it's blown out the exhaust will flow into the body and impede outflow.

zomiemama

Jun 8, 2009
Well I put some of that FMF stuff in I havn't started it yet didn't have time. We've had bad weather here so hopefully it will clear up. I just got my JD Jetting kit in as well. The only thing is the biggest jet it comes with is 178. He told me in the emails to put the 180 that comes with the kit. I'm kinda worried its gonna be too lean. I've got a 185 in there right now.

zomiemama

Jun 8, 2009
Son of a lol Took me like 2 weeks just to get the kit. Mabye i'm suppost to use the 178 anyway i'll call him today.

Thanks guys
:cool:

Top Bottom