No Place To Ride / No Local Organization

karlnoank

Jan 1, 2003
I can not find 1 legal place for my daughter and i to go riding. I have many friends who also have children and they are forced to ride on state or private land without permission. I have just started riding again to get my daughter envoled in something. Thier is no local organization that i no of and i have asked everyone i know including our local Honda dealer employees. I am thinking of starting a non-profit organization in hopes of getting other parents and kids to pitch in and help find a place for our children to ride and race. I would like to see this turn into a place where families can get together and have fun. I live in Connecticut and would appreciate any information anybody can give me on either starting an organization, joining one that already exists, or locating a place to ride with other families. Thank you and HAPPY HOLIDAYS

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I would suggest going to the "Local Chapters" area and looking around the 'Damn Yankee's' area. There are area's in the North East, you just have to find them. You would be suprised as to how much of the states land is open especialy the power lines.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Start here:
http://www.netra.org

NETRA has an excellent Juniors racing program (both enduro and hare scramble) along with a Nervous Novice/Parent-Child group ride program.

It also has links to the clubs in CT.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Wrong Forum.
Moved.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
When I grew up in Wilton CT, there were plenty of places to ride. Of course some of them were private land. However, through our church, believe it or not, we were able to secure a large area in nearby NY to ride on.

I lived on a rural road that was a few miles from town. My back yard had 2000 acres of reservior property that was full of trails. Today, that area is fenced off.

I now live in Florida and see the very same loss of riding areas occuring. Funny thing is, my back yard is now 2500 acres of "natural area" off limits to everything!

Some things never change.

Chris

Top Bottom