ross t

Jul 2, 2008
hey guys newbie here. i got a 84 klr 600 that is flat. no power and wont pull past 5000. i bought it this way and im suspect of a couple of things and havent got to really have a good look as of yet. here is where i am as of now. it is missing the baffle, and air filter. i found this out taking the carb off to clean what i was hoping to be a dirty and more specific clogged main jet. nope carb was spotless, and am now starting to lean at the baffle and a/f being gone as a very bad lean at the top problem. I also have went in and checked the most popular dohickey and it was still cool. (balance chain tensioner) it did get smoother but still no power at all. can the cdi work as it does...start nice, runs fairly good as far as smooth. doesnt miss at all, plug looks fine, no signs of lean at all. just no power and wont pull over 5000. ?? but be bad as far as no retarding the timing as the revs climb. and still do the rest of what it is suposed to do? well if you have been able to keep up im all ears for any help.. thanx guys.. RT

Top Bottom