2 B

Aug 31, 2000
Here is my problem. I have to press way far down on my rear brake pedal in order to lock up the rear wheel. And when I bleed the rear brakes oil just trickles out of the bleeder screw. The oil should come shooting out like from a cannon. My return spring is working,the pedal is adjusted to the right height(level with top of foot peg). I have dot 4 fluid installed. It could be 1 of 2 things or both. #1 dirt in brake line? #2piston is junk in the master cylinder? I just put knew rear pads on and notice it getting worse before I changed them. The old pads were way over due in changing. I don't have a oil leak beacuse the resivor is full. Any help is greatly valued.

Any leads on parts would be great thanks.
98 kdx 220

------------------

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
perhaps your new pads have glazed over making them slide instead of grab.
if everything else checks out then you might just try adjusting your pedal up more on the master cylinder.

------------------
Jeff-
'84 Can-Am ASE 250 (brutally fast rat bike)
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (big bore kit, A-Loop suspension, FMF pipe)

[This message has been edited by smb_racing (edited 04-19-2001).]

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
I had the same problem with my rear brakes a while back. The problem wasn't with the braking performance but with bleading. Like You described, when I would try to bleed them, fluid would just trickle out. I took a piece of safety whire and carefully stuck it in the bleeder hole several times to clean the dirt out. I think most of the dirt must have been forced into this area because after doing this for a while, it blead with a steady stream of fluid. Good luck.

kaw Bill

------------------

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom