MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I was on my way to work Wednesday morning, and some idiot decided he wanted to share the left hand turn lane with me. I was on my street bike in a left hand turn lane, and some idiot in the strait lane decided to move over to the turn lane last minute. He never looked in my direction. His car hit my right knee, spraining it (luckily that's all I got). I never went down. I think my motocross skills paid off in this situation. The rear tire was pushed over to the left side, and somehow I pulled out of it and kept the bike up right. So now I'm stuck at home can't go back to work until tomorrow, and that will be pretty limited. I have to keep my knee wrapped for a week. So that means a whole week without either of my bikes!
I guess I should be thankful that I didn't get hurt and worse than I did, and that my bike is still intact.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
DANG-IT!! :scream:

Glad to hear you're okay! Bummed to hear you got twanged. :ugg:
Also glad to hear your scoot's okay.

Hopefully you scratched up his door real good! (and that he had to change his pants later....) :debil:

Take your time and make sure knee get's *all* the way better!

-- E-Ticket

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Well, that stinks!  I hope you called the police & got the person's insurance and everything.  You may notice a problem on your bike later (never mind the Dr. bills for your knee!)

Good job keeping the bike upright! :thumb:   Could have been much worse-- glad you're (relatively) ok.  There will be plenty more weekends for riding.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Dagnabbit those cagers!! :flame:

I'm really glad to hear that all you got was a tweaked knee and bruises (they'll show up soon enough). Good job on keeping the bike upright. I hope you were able to collect the information you need to slap this guy across the face as hard as legally possible. :p Get better soon. :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Damnit that sucks...I'm sorry to hear about your accident.

Great job keeping the bike upright, and I'm so glad to hear that you only sprained your knee. Motorcyle/car accidents are so tragic usually...there have been a few deadly ones here in RI in the past month or so, it's very sad.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Well, I didn't get any info on the guy. When he hit me, we were side by side. I kept going forward (to pull the bike straight), he ended up behind me. The intersection we were at was not a good place to pull over, I would have been hit again. There is a Charter School right there and the traffic for that area is BAD at 8:00 in the morning! Anyway, when I completed my turn, I slowed down hoping the guy would follow. He did, he pulled up next to me and said "are you alright"...All I could do was shake my head, I was so scared that's all I could do. Then before I could do anything else, he was gone. I'm wondering now if maybe he turned into the apartment complex right there. So no license plate, no make/model, and it was a hispanic driver..that's all I know. The Sheriff said that he most likely did not have a license OR any insurance. He said, usually when a driver hits someone else they normally would say, "Hey let's pull over here and exchange info..." The sheriff said when they say "are you okay" that almost always means they don't have what they need. State Farm will cover me for $1,000 if my knee ends up being more than sprained. They couldn't believe no damage was done to the bike. Well besides the one on the engine cover, and the scuff on the pipe. I looked it over, my boyfriend looked it over, and the sheriff looked it over...
When we hit, I did hear metal on metal..I'm wondering if maybe my footpeg left a nice scratch on the guys car...the car was pretty low.
Anyway, thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm going to go crazy pretty soon. I'm not a person that can sit still for more than 30min! If even that.
I wanted to race on the 28th, not sure if that will happen now.
I have come to the conclusion that Michigan has some of the worst drivers (no offense to anyone who lives here). I have lived in Alabama, Georgia, and California..and I never seen so many dumb drivers.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Same happened to me once!

Just pulled into the left turn lane. It was in SLC and it was one of those left turn lanes that goes on forever..... Riding a Yamaha 175 Enduro and this fat-cat-clown didn't even look left -- just swung this huge, gun-boat into the same lane with me! :scream:

I was lucky I was on a small dual-sport - anything bigger and I would have been forced over the curb. <ack> I was able to keep it an inch off of his door panel and an inch from the curb. :o

His window was up so I reached across with my left hand and banged on his window. Man, I wish I could have had a picture of the look on his face when he saw a motorcyclist *RIGHT THERE* in his window....! :scream:

This poor guy just absolutely freaked. Immediately did this giant swerve right ( didn't check again... had a real pattern going...), swung across three lanes and just about wiped out four other cars! Lot's of horns, screeching tires, but somehow no one got hit or crunched. A real miracle.

me? I was okay exeptin' havin' to buy a new pair of tidy-whities.... :confused:

But I was okay... and am real glad you're okay too! :yeehaw:

-- ET

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Wow, you are lucky! I'm glad to hear you're ok. Too bad the guy didn't stop. I had the same thing happen--well, not on a bike, but a lady with no job, insurance, phone number or license ran a stop sign *right* into my canary yellow lifted F150 (helloooo . . . ) and then wanted to leave, but I made her stay. She got out of her car and I got between her and her car and she got a ticket. Yay. Otherwise she would have kept going. I was SOL though, since all I carry is liability (lotsa tickets).

Take care of that knee--even if it is just a sprain, it's nothing to mess with!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by MXGirl230
I have come to the conclusion that Michigan has some of the worst drivers (no offense to anyone who lives here). I have lived in Alabama, Georgia, and California..and I never seen so many dumb drivers.

I don't know about that. After driving across the US I've seen some horrible drivers that could give your locals a run for their money. :eek: :confused:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Yeah, that's true. They probably aren't THAT bad here...
What's bothering me is, everyone at work is like "you need to get rid of those damn motorcycles.." I said to them, so you get in a car accident you get rid of your car and don't drive anymore? They said, well no. That's ridiculous...I need my car to get places... I said, and I don't need my motorcycle to get places? My bike is WAY cheaper on gas than my Ranger. I would much rather ride my bikes, than drive my truck. No one could even believe I rode home from work (and to work) after that happened. They thought I would be scared and give it up. Yeah right!! I was freaked out, believe me..but that's not stopping me from doing what I love. I know the risks when I throw my leg over the bike, but I choose to take them.
Can I help it my dad put me on the back of his 750 Magna when I was 10months old?
Anyway, the knee is doing alright...seems to be getting worse. Not exactly better. I go back to the doc. for a follow up on Thursday. We'll see what he says. The only person "available" at the ER was a nurse practitioner. I ALWAYS have problems with them...we'll see what happens.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
I can relate MXGirl. I gave up riding the streets of MI a long time ago. I'm strictly a woods or back road to the trails rider now. Too many close calls and at least the trees stay put so that I can hit them! Good luck & get well.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Well, I went to the doctor today. I still have to take it easy for 2-3 weeks. If my knee doesn't get better than it is now, then he's going to want an MRI. It is starting to feel better, at least I can walk normally now and put weight on it. So I still have to take it easy...no motorcycles AGAIN this weekend :whiner: The weather is PERFECT too!!

Top Bottom