Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
I’m not sure if I’m the last one to figure this out or not, but I read elsewhere that No-Toil cleaner is essentially laundry detergent. I was somewhat skeptical, but the texture is similar. Anyhow, I gave it a try the other night. Low and behold a cup of Tide worked like magic and costs about 10% as much as the No-Toil product!

Anyway, it was nice knowing you guys, a swarm of black SUV’s just slid up outside of my office!

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Yep, you still have to use the No Toil oil. Liquid soap isn't tacky enough to capture fine dust ;)

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I've found that 100% Tide works "sort of". You still need some of the No Toil detergent. A 50-50 mix with Tide seems to work as well as 100% No Toil detergent.

B

biglou

OK, they made fun of me, called me names like "Nancy hands" and laughed at me at Wardy's last year, but, if you pour a capful of the NoToil cleaner in your hand and wet it, then rub your hands together, it burns like a bastage! I used to sprinkle a little of the cleaner on my hands and wet them to get the NoToil oil off, and once I put very little water which made the cleaner into a paste consistancy and it burned me! I don't think Tide does that!

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
NANCY HANDS!! I wouldn't consider that burning sensation similar to battery acid, more like a soothing wax dip for real men. ;)

BTW, I think I used Surf with bleach, had to use a little more than I would with No Toil, but it's still cheaper.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I had talked to the guy at No-Toil last year and he told me that Tide is a close substitute but not good enough to use by itself. Just mix Tide with some No-Toil cleaner like BRUSH.

I do 3 or 4 filters at a time with 1/4 cup of cleaner and then use dishwashing soap for the final cleanup. Works great :)

Top Bottom