Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
I just began using No Toil air filter oil, I was using the Belray. I noticed my exc 250 02' starts virtually on the first kick now, using the no toil also changed my jetting. The bike had been running rich for some time, I noticed that using the no toil helped the bike breath better, which changed the richness. I have only had three rides so far, but the no toil seems like the way to go, but I think it very important to use the rim grease as the noil toil itself is not good at sealing the rim of the air filter like Belray was. :thumb:

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I think the No-Toil is the greatest stuff. It cleans up easy and is biodegradable, so diposal is no longer a problem. I just use laundry detergent to clean my filter. I use the hottest water I can stand mixed with a big scoop of laundry soap. As for the rim grease I use it during the summer months, but tend to not use it during the winter when dust is not a factor. Most all my other oils are Belray :thumb: :thumb:
H1R@40:1
chain lube
fork oil
bearing grease

Lew

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
Lew,
I used to use the Belray chain lube as well, my chain looked like a Cobra ready to strike when I pulled it off. Try the Motul dirt specific chain lube, it has a green color. It is the best stuff I have used for the chain, and easy clean up with simple green. :yeehaw:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
there was a debate about notoil allowing dirt to get past a while ago. After DW at Cooperland I can assure you it does not get by. I wish I had taken photos of thekids airfilters (changed daily), they were so packed outside with that red clay that after the first day he was actually choking to get air thru. the inside was spotless and the airboot was always dust free. This week convinced me I made the correct choice 2 years ago when we switched to NoToil

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
Thanks for the validation old guy, I recently switched to no toil and am amazed at how much better the beast breaths, as mentioned my bike went from rich to just right in the jetting dept. I couldn't figure it out, but vwalaa...it was the Belray that was chokin' her all this time. Try no toil if you have not yet, its good stuff :yeehaw:

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
You guys, sorry to be different, but I hate the no-toil. I dislike having to use their cleaner. I also notice my oil was not sticky when it went on the filter. If it is not sticky, how can it stop dirt. I wonder if I bought a bottle that was old?

I will pass on the stuff. I would also go as far to say I would not urinate on the no-toil fitler oil factory if it were on fire. The only product I dislike more is PJ1 factory match paint.

Oh, the no toil is better than the pj1 paint, by miles!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Everyone has a right to their opinions
NoToil isn't meant to be tacky when first put on. It takes about 5 minutes for the alcohol to evaporate out then it is sticky. We use it on very dusty tracks and never have had anything pass thru and the cleaner works great especially when in one place for days (DW) and you do 2 filter cleanings a day- no worry where to dispose of the cleaner-just dump it out on the ground.
I guess if you prefer to dump gas or some other toxic material where other people (and a puppy) are wandering around that is your choice

Earthpilot

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I have used NoToil for over 3 years with ZERO problems. It's easy to apply, easy to clean ( the cleaner works great in your washing machine or sink, leaves no residue, non-flammable, safe for skin, safe for environment). As far as being "tacky"... the oil combined with the filter traps the dirt..period. All tacky oil does is restrict air flow, is a hassle to clean, and generally makes a mess. Using NoToil may have an effect on your jetting because it will flow much more air due to thinner oil. I also use their filters, here is a suggestion: use only NoToil products with NoToil filters..I do know a race team that used "Brand X" oil & cleaners with NoToil filters and experienced delamination problems with the filters. NoToil works great, they support our
sport,,nuff said!

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
I see no correlation, between an improperly lubed filter, and the brand Belray, or No-Toil. Most of the bikes filters and airboxes I see, are improperly prepped and overoiled.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Old Guy, if your so environmentally friendly, why not sell the motorcycle and get a Mountain bike? There is no reason to go to the goofy to prove your point.

If the no-toil was as good as anything else, I would gladly use it. It is not. By the way, do you think the cleaning crystals they use grow on trees? Perhaps, they just might have some sort of waste by product during their creation like all soaps!

Top Bottom