elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
What are the things to check if you do not have very good traction on your rear tire on acceleration. FYI, brand new rear tire, sag is properly set. 2005 kx250

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
You should start with the type of terrain under the tire and the amount of twist being delivered through your right hand (these things often cause traction problems:)

On a more serious note, make sure the tire is suited to the terrain. The fact that it's new doesn't guarantee that it will hook up under full power. For example, a tire designed for hardpack won't hook up the mud or sand, while a sand tire will just fall apart on rock hard clay.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
My 1995 kx250 had much more traction than my 2005. Same tires, terrain and riding location. I understand that my 2005 has more power but it seems like even when Im riding in the low rpm there is much less traction. I was thinking it was maybe a compression or rebound adjustment that is needed. Any suddgestion?

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
if your rebound is too slow it is possible that you are not pushing against the ground hard enough

it cannot hurt too play with the clickers too see what works better just know where they are at and keep track of any adjustment and you will start to get a better idea of what works

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
bclark001 said:
if your rebound is too slow it is possible that you are not pushing against the ground hard enough

it cannot hurt too play with the clickers too see what works better just know where they are at and keep track of any adjustment and you will start to get a better idea of what works

I agree, speed up the shock rebound. I got mine set @ 15 clicks out.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
What is the gearing? to low and you will just spin and if your riding softer terrian which you are seeing as all florida is sand!!!! air down a little?
on another note you been up to croom lately? been great riding with the rain we been getting, muddy in the usual places
but better out on the trails

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Gearing is 14-51. Was at croom a couple weeks ago and it was perfect! I cant get my friends to cough up the money for a riding sticker so I go by myself all the time which is kinda boaring. PM me if you want to meet up and ride there some weekend. I have to warn you though, I dont have the endurance I had when I was in high school, getting better though.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
we have been going 3 times a week sun late in day for a couple hours then on tues and thurs after work for couple hours. i will def shoot you a pm the next weekend we head up there. I had to buy everyone bikes in the house so i would have someone to ride with :bang: before i get my new bike

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
hey elcamino i am going to croom sunday 11/4 you interested?
prolly be 3-4 of us slow guys+1 slow gal
i'll find out how many on saturday but i am def going

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
ill shoot you an email next time we go

got long weekend this weekend so we will be going sun and monday
sunday they have the clean up+ scavanger hunt day sponsered by oas sounds like fun day

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom