Jan 6, 2015
I rebuilt a 2001 kx 250. And I went ridding and I herd a nocking sound in my cluch so I draind the oil and there was a lot of shaving in it. So I took my cluch baskit out and the bottum outer edge is all scrachet up why would this happen

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
if you are talking about the fins that contact the plates then that becomes worn due to the inward and outward movement of the plates. Use a file and sand paper to smooth those surfaces out. Or just buy a new clutch basket.
also i would use JBWeld to glue in a magnet (Radio Shack #64-1895) onto the drain plug so it can hold metal bits (although not aluminum) which keeps the iron-based metal particles from damaging the gears and the bearings.

Jan 6, 2015
The fins are not scratched the inside bottom of the baskit has a few scraches on it and the out side of the baskit on the bottom edges are really scached up and is there supposed to be a nocking sound in the cluch. ware did the mettal shavings come from

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
could be one of the clutch shaft bearings is disintegrating. You need to see if there is any vertical play in the clutch basket and try to see which of the two bearings is going bad.
Do the same up/down test on all the shafts to see what other bearings are bad. None of the shafts should have any play.
Without a magnet to trap the metal pieces the floating metal pieces cause a deterioration of all the bearings.

Top Bottom