djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
Guys, I would like to know if anyone here had replaced their rocker arms yet? Mine is a 2001 ktm 400exc. did quite a distance with the bike one road but didn't expect the rockerarm to fail so quickly! Anyone experienced the same problems? thanks in advance...

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Thats alot of miles, especialy for a bike that is not designed to be ridden on the road, I would say its time for some top-end work.

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
30 thousand kay? You're kidding, right?

If it really has done that distance, here's my advice: Mount it permanently in your living room and put a sign on it "Forever enshrined for extraordinary services to motorcycling".

djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
I will be opening it up tomorow to take a look. the agent here don' t carry stock for both the rocker arms. only one side. further more I don't know which side is gone. Isn't it frustrating?! will need the bike for a ride next weekend man. I m not surprised you guys don't believe me. Here in my country, our bikes are our transport as well as our toy. it's easy to clock 20000km in just one year. even in a small country like mine.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
If you have the time and money, It would be to your best interest to do the entire topend while your in there. :thumb:

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i don't dispute the mileage, i think that's great. i am questioning that you think 18,000 miles is a quick failure on that model! good luck getting it fixed.

Top Bottom