Nor.Cal Elkins Flat Ride 20-21 Oct

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by MR.WR
What???????:confused: Don't you drive one of those BIG Cummins Dodge Trucks????

Yeah, I drive one of those BIG CTD powered Dodges. BUT I tow an even BIGGER 36ft 5th that weighs in at 10k DRY:p Let's see - 86 gal of water on the trailer plus an additional 30gal in containers multiplied by ~8lb/gal... My head hurts just thinking about it.

Originally posted by MR.WR
I will be towing my 24ft 5th wheel loaded with water and towing my m/c trailer behind my trailer that with a FORD

So what exactly is the requirement for towing doubles in CA?

We're planning on taking Friday off and being at Elkins around mid afternoon on Friday FWIW.

Brian

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by Farmer John
I will be making a decision on Elkins vs SoCal enduro soon.
I have a postit marked "Elkins" & one marked "enduro" on the dart board.
As soon as I find the darts I will be able to make a resposible, educated decision. :p

I'm in the same boat but don't have a dart board to help with the decision making. Since the club I belong to (TWMC) is hosting the "Ghost rider enduro" I should help out. On the other hand it is always nice to meet up with DRNers and ride in a new place.

LT - when do you plan on leaving and returning? If we can truck-pool it might sway me to go.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by scar tissue
LT - If we can truck-pool it might sway me to go.
Are you sure you want to do that? Have you SEEN the way the man drives?! ;)

It would be great if you could make it Tim. Drag that punk Tony with ya too. :) Hey maybe we should invite Kip. :confused:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I did it again!

I'm in the same boat but don't have a dart board to help with the decision making. Since the club I belong to (TWMC) is hosting the "Ghost rider enduro" I should help out. On the other hand it is always nice to meet up with DRNers and ride in a new place.

LT - when do you plan on leaving and returning? If we can truck-pool it might sway me to go.

My computer is down at work so I used Scar's puter and forgot to log in under my name. The pervious post is not by scar but by yours truly.:)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Re: I did it again!

Originally posted by thumbs

My computer is down at work so I used Scar's puter and forgot to log in under my name. The pervious post is not by scar but by yours truly.:)

I was wondering how I got subscribed to this thread. It sounds like fun, I'll see ifI can make it!!!

Maybe that also explains how my computer was logged on to BIG ONES, DOUBLE D's .com? Thumbs any Ideas? JK.

GSR re: that punk Tony comment. There is no recovery needed. If the shoe fits.... ;)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Maybe that also explains how my computer was logged on to BIG ONES, DOUBLE D's .com? Thumbs any Ideas? JK.
LMFAO!!

GSR re: that punk Tony comment. There is no recovery needed. If the shoe fits.... ;)
Maybe, but I don't want "The Family" after me yanno! LOL! :p

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
O.K. it's me

Where excactly is Elkins Flat? Which highway is it on? Any idea how far from Reno, or I can find the distance out myself.

Is it off of highway 88 beyond Kirkwood ski resort, and Silver Lake?

I might do a one day trip if I can.

I am not allergic to trees, but I am allergic to bark busters (broken finger).

So get off the "where's Strick", and "No show":silly:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Strick,

It's about a half hour west of Silver Lake, on Highway 88. I think Mr.WR has posted directions on page 1 of this thread.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
FYI Strick, fom Expedia page:

1: At US-395 Exit 66, bear RIGHT (South) onto US-395 [North-South Fwy] 28.8 0:34
2: Continue (South) on US-50 [US-395] 3.4 0:05
3: Continue (South) on US-395 [S Carson St] 11.0 0:14
4: Continue (South) on SR-88 75.1 0:09
Entering California
119 mi 2 hrs 23 mins from Reno

The Pumpkin faction is growing:cool:

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Thumbs? Scar?

Don't know who I'm talking to about now, but I haven't figured out when I can leave yet. Truck pooling sounds great with either/both of you. We should see about recruiting some of the rest of our SoCal posse, too.

As to the speed thing: Now, Aimee, I noticed that the only, and I mean only :p , car/truck that was in the same hyperdrive as myself was a certain young lady driving a white pickup with a yellow-lookin' mx/enduro thingie in the back, no? :scream:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Green Sticker Question

I can get a nonresident green sticker here in Reno. I do not have an arrestor to go along with it. What do you think? Am I going to be O.K.? I sure don''t want my new bike impounded:eek:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Strick - Spark arrestors are required on all public lands in CA except for closed courses.

if your bike is registered in your home state and has a spark arrestor, you should be able to ride it in CA no problem. If your bike is NOT registered in another state, you are supposed to get a permit from the CA OHV Commission - call 916-324-4442 for more info.

Go to the OHV part of this link for the official low down. http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/tahoe/avalanche/tnftruckeerec.html

Hopefully someone can do a successful rain dance before 10/20. :)

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Plans have changed again........looks like I'll be missing another great ride.:(

Have fun................I'll be looking for the ride report.

LT - I don't think Scar will be going either.....Sorry.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Elkins Flat Guest List
Here is a list of riders as of 10-8-01

MR.WR Nor.Cal
Motodude Nor.Cal
Dirty Dave Nor.Cal
LawManNv Nevada
Fremontguy Nor.Cal
AngryJim Nor.Cal
NVRFNSH Nor.Cal
dirtbike dave Nor.Cal
TobyS Nor.Cal
simimi Nor.Cal
Jonala Nor.Cal
Karna & Justin Nor.Cal
gospeedracer & crew So.Cal
Farmer John Nor.Cal
PWDAD Nor.Cal
Strick Nevada
Bigbird & Pug

Now all we need is some rain

Rick

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Brian, last I heard from her was on the 2nd. She recently got back from England so I imagine she's pretty busy catching up. Although I know that as of yesterday Kevin is still without his bike. :( She did say she would be there Friday.

Top Bottom