ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Hey NorCal riders,
For anyone that's interested, Hollister Hills Off Road Association (H.H.O.R.A.) is having their annual Rummy Run on August 18th. It's basically a reason to load up the bike and go play in the California heatwave for the day. For those who aren't familiar with what I'm talking about, it's a Poker Run. Designed for all riding abilities. This is not a race, but rather an organized trail ride. Upon registration, you receive a course map (very easy to read) and you just ride the trails in the order the map says. There are surprise stops where you draw a card (5 of hearts), have it marked on your scorecard, and continue riding. When everyone has been to all the destinations (usually 5 - 7), you return to the start and turn in your card. Then you get fed a bbq and later prizes are awarded for best hand/worst hand for several different age groups. It's usually fun for all.

If this interests you, go to www.hhora.org and check it out. :aj:

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Scott!! Count me in! :) Sounds like too much fun to pass by. I had a blast at Hollister three weekends ago, I think its the perfects spot for a poker run.

Do they mark the trails at all with arrows or just give you a map? I've got the HH map ot right now, I better study up knowing how directionally impaired I can be :ugg:

I'll make sure I pass the word, it would be fun to have a big group together again :cool:

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Natalie,
There will be so many people riding it, I usually just follow the group ahead of me. I wouldn't worry about studying the map... ;)

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I'll definitely be out there as well. I'm trying to convince my brother in law and sister to ride it with me. HHORA always puts on great events at Hollister.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom