WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
wayneo - Nice pics, but it wasn't my 'zokes that bottomed, it was the Ohlins... and my knee. :eek:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Ouch!

Still got some good air, tho!

Greg-We missed ya up there in Eagle Bridge. Maybe next time.
There was some nasty "wheel on the ground" riding. 3 or so miles of nasty trails, but the Natural track was like a twisty, groomed fire-road that wound up and down the mountain. Very nice IMO.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
wayneo - The pics were just what Mrs. Woods needed to see. She thought I was just out drinking beer. Of course she was a little suprised to see me with both wheels off the ground, since I told her that I don't jump... on purpose.

For everyone that didn't show up, they missed a great time. The weather was perfect on Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately I went home Friday night and didn't make it back Saturday. EBMX has a great selection of terrain. A Pee-Wee track, SX track, GP track (where the pics were taken), over three miles of woods (some of it very technical), a grass track (with lots of off-camber turns) and some seriously stunning views.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Nice pics, Wayne! Sorry we missed it, looks like a nice place to ride.

Wayne, did you get a chance to try out your "new" KTM??

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
What a blast!!!

Wayne, Thanks for posting the pictures. That jump was a lot of fun. We have to work on the side by side jumping some though.

I had a great time at Eagle Bridge and I’d go again. The weather couldn’t have been better. The tracks were great and the trails were…lets say technical. 3 miles of these trail were like 15 miles of quad trails. Bill, you can’t say I didn’t give them a try ;) Too bad more people didn’t show up. It was fun with just the 7 of us but more would have been better.

The scenery from the GP track was absolutely beautiful. You could see for miles and miles and it was tempting to just stop on the track and admire the view, which I did a few times. Besides, it was a good excuse to stop and rest my weary muscles that were taking a pounding on the massive whooped out up hill section.

Wayne, did you make it home OK? I noticed that you took I787 instead of I87. They basically go the same way but I didn’t know if you knew that or not. I was busy trying to keep up with Bill when I saw you turn off. It took me exactly 3 hours (with a gas stop) to get home. I think the short cut that I tried on the way up will cut some time off once I get it figured out.

Bill, Thanks for the ride on the GasGas. The suspenders were so plush. Oh, and it doesn’t vibrate at all. Maybe you can explain to the good folk at DRN how you managed to break a front brake lever with those fancy bark busters on your bars. If I remember we were just riding up the road back to camp when it happened :think Good thing Wayne had a KTM on hand for spare parts.

Jib, After riding your bike with revalved forks I’m getting mine done for sure. My forks are so much busier on the rough stuff. You’ve got a nice setup.

Jib, Lori&Dave, How did you make out in the harescramble yesterday? It looked like a good day for it

Dirtybkr, I hope your new brake cable comes in soon. I also hope they let you back into the shop with out proof of bathing first. All of you guys that stayed overnight did have an aroma about you.

Papakeith and Trigger, Too bad you had to leave after lunch Friday. I understand there was some monkey business with zip-ties and tent zippers Thursday evening. Paybacks are hell and I hope you guys get the culprits back at the next SF.

I would have posted something sooner but my well went bad Saturday and I had to stay in a hotel that night and spent Sunday figuring out what happened. It really sucks when you can’t use the water.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Zip ties -n- tents LMAO!!!

Woods and DB were like school boys trying to play the prank on the teacher. For those not there, they tried to zip-tie my tent shut. Unfortunately they missed one of the zipper pulls. End result. . . not much other than a white zip tie to remind me of the effort. If that was there best effort I weep for them when the time comes for restitution.:p

Wayne - Great pics! What kind of digital camera is that anyway? It did a great job of capturing the bikes in flight.

Trigger - You are the save master (well except for one berm that will remain nameless);)

WoodsRider - Thank you for setting this up. All the leg work is apreciated. I had an awesome time.

dirtybkr - about Flubacher Hill, you can keep it.
ps. you need to work on your zip tying method ;)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Sweet!

Hi all. Im a little late in response because I just learned that I have to take a 13% pay cut, lose a weeks vacation, and am not getting any $ contributed to my 401k anymore. Im still in shock, so I'll try to answer without going off on a ramble about work.

Lori-Thanks again for hauling the KTM back from DW. Cant ever thank you enough, but will try to very soon. Check your snail-mail in a few days. Thank Dave for me as well. :) I didnt really get to ride the KTM too much. The brakes had little stopping power, and there wasnt much fuel in it. Besides I was having waaay too much fun on the 426. It LOVED the GP track BIG TIME!
RM_Guy-Thanks also for bringing the pumpkin up to EBMX so I could have it for Halloween! The scariest part of THAT day may be digging into it and finding the horrors that await in the bike! Nice air as well. I think you actually won the big-air contest! I made it home fine-4 hours later. That was some hairy ride, but I made it, and scared the sh** out of my wife, who didnt expect me home that night! Hey, she was alone BTW, smarta$$es!
Papakeith-Those pics were taken w/ my new Kodak DX3600. We finally figured it out, (thanks Bill), and it really takes AWESOME pics, as you can see. Most of the pics were taken by RutRider, I mean WoodsRider. He deserves the credit, not me.
Trigger-Too bad you couldnt have hung out a bit later, I could have got some pics of you doing some of that "freestyle" type air! Or "Flying W's" as us old-school guys say!
Jib-Im getting you a friggin bottle opener for Christmas! :scream: Nice air!

See ya'll at the next one! :cool:

ps-I would seriously re-think zip-tying anything on PK! He might just turn around and hog tie your butts!

Silver Bullet

Mar 7, 2000
Looks like I missed a great ride. I really wanted to go but for those who remember I injured my index finger at the LAST Spodefest in Modena. Well, I am still in physical therapy for the #$%^ finger. Been going twice a week for 6 weeks now. I haven't ridden since :( It works well enough to actually ride but right now I can't risk hurting it any worse (kind of need it for work). I was thinking of you guys on Sat. The weather was absolutely perfect for riding. Wayne, we gotta hook up so I can get on the bike before the white stuff falls. Sorry to hear about the setbacks at work. At least you already paid for the Pumkin. It can't be that much of a rat. As soon as I find a house and get settled we can whip it into shape. Hopefully I can join you guys at he next 'fest.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Great time !

Thanks for setting things up Woodsrider , I had a great time .

PK , I just want you to know I only had BLACK zip ties with me .

Wayne , nice job on the picks , I have some more being put on CD now and I will send it to Papa to load on to his site .

We gotta do it again next year .l :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Re: Great time !

Originally posted by dirtybkr
PK , I just want you to know I only had BLACK zip ties with me .
:think
Hmmmm. . . then who had the white ones? Bill, Mike, you got any ideas? Hmmm? Musta been those darn Coydogs ay;)?!
"The List" is forming.:D

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
RM_guy - The brake lever was somebody's way of telling me I shouldn't be doing doubles with woods-tuned suspension. My knee folded so I dropped the bike and bailed. My only get-off that trip and nobody got to see it. :(

Wayne - Sorry to hear about the job situation. Are you still interested in doing an enduro or a turkey run this year? E-mail me your address and I'll send you a brake lever.

Papa - Too bad you couldn't ride the whole day Friday. We needed some more pics of the Fred Flintstone big bore. I found your plug gauge in my fanny pack. E-mail me your address. Guess I'll have to teach dirtybkr how to zip-tie a tent closed. ;)

dirtybkr - All the zip-ties in my tool box are black too. Wonder who it could've been? :think :p Good thing Trigger sleeps with a knife. ;)

Guess we'll have to do something like this again in the spring. Maybe we can get more people to show up then. Just make sure to be the LAST person who goes to sleep.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Spring?

Whats all this talk about the spring? We still have plenty of nice riding days left! How bout planning something for early November, or even late October? Come on now, I know DRN doesnt stand for "Dirt-Riding-Nancys"!!! :eek:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Sorry for the delay in writing, I'm at Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach. Please forgive me for my mind is on 'other' things!

Here we go:

PapaKeith- as always, it wass a great ride. you really got a good view of my master handling of a wayward bike. It was awesome if I do say so myself!

Bill- Juust wait! Vengence is a wonderful thing! Take care!

DIRTYBIKER- I WILL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT THAT YOU DONT HAVE ANY BLAK ZIP TIES, it was a great ride and the camping was beautiful. Later!

Jib- thanks for the ride on the CR. Sorry I just ran out of time. Next time though!!!!

Wayne O'- Sorry for the time constraint. 5 hours is a long ride no matter how you stack it.
sorry to hear about the $ loss. Now that sucks!!!

RM Guy- I should be avaailable this weekend. Maybe we can hit the track in Montrose you were telling me about? 610-264-1687, call me if you can.

You cant imagine how rough this year was for me but hangin' with you guys made it a lot better! Thanx and keep cool!

TriggerMan, OUT!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Guys, Three more events this year, 21st, (today) the 28th, and then one more on the 11th of Nov, all being held in Pine Grove Pa. About two hours from the NY/penn border. We are definatly attending the Nov 11th date and I thought it would be cool if some (or all) of you guys could make it. Ive never been to this one but have heard its a pretty simple 5ml loop, GP style grass track and woods. Only AMA required (you can get it at the event), all classes from A through C , 30+, 40+ and senior. Mini and peewee classes also. We plan on going on Sat, and head back on Sunday evening.
I would also like to go on the 28th (if I can get another rider to make the trip with me).
Trigger, I see your in Pa, ever run this event? or know anything about it?. I will be taking my motorhome and bike trailer. I ran Coeymans last weekend and it was a BLAST. I want to ride a couple more before the season is over. Any takers?:)

Last edited:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey Shaw! I do plan on attending Pine Grove , its only an hour from here. I have to see what my schedule looks like though, I just got back fromDaytona this morning. I will let you know.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Pine Grove, PA

Ok, What about the rest of you Nor'easterner's, Get those skirts off and lets meet at Pine Grove PA on the 11th, this season isnt over yet!! ( this is the best time of year to ride, 60's & 70's)
We'll be there on Saturday with the Coachman (motohome) towing a couple KTM's and a couple XR's. I 've heard its a 4 mile loop w/mostly GP style hard pack with some jumps, (easy stuff). Wayneo, Woods, Papa, Lori, Trigger and the rest, come on, this is the last event of the season!!:D

Oh Yea, Gomer , this might be a good one for you to attend, very MX like with little woods!

Last edited:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Shaw, you have some more info on this Pine Grove thing? Is it a HS or...?
Web link would be nice. Start times, entry fees, directions, etc!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Lori, The person to contact is Luke Zechman (570-345-6340). Apparently there is a district 6 banquet on Saturday the 10th, but he said no problem with pulling in and setting up for the 11th. Its supposedly a 4mile loop, with not alot of woods. There is another thread in the Enduro Forum with more info, I dont think they have a website.
The address is rt395e 3 miles east of Pine Grove, PA About 140 mls from the NY/PA border.
Sounds like a fun time! :)

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Shaw bud, it is the Flying Dutchmen motorcycle club but you have the wrong route number! It is on Rt. 895 not 395. Typo? Anyhow, the track is very tight with NO elevation change. It is a woods with a MX track with a field that has a bazillion turns.Last I can remember it has no big air jumps for people who cant handle their bike in the air.(yours truly, just ask PapaKeith).

Woodsrider, come on down! Vengence is waiting!

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Trigger1911
Woodsrider, come on down! Vengence is waiting!
Trigger, do you need another lesson from the master and his bag of tricks? :p

11/4 is the Black and Blue Enduro over in CT. and there's a Turkey Run on 11/11. Those are the events on my schedule. Between work, moving and the next curve ball that life decides to throw at me, I'll hopefully be able to make at least one of those events.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by Trigger1911
.Last I can remember it has no big air jumps for people who cant handle their bike in the air !

Yep,.. Its RT895, typo..... Oh Yea,... and the closer I stay to the ground, the better.!

Top Bottom