Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Ya' never know when I'll have to demonstrate a water crossing technique! I think my CR is the first MX bike equipt with outriggers!;)
Sounds like a good place for a fest. Who's in and for which days?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by Papakeith
…Gotta be back on the farm for Sat morning:(
What’s the matter, will you turn into a pumpkin :p

I was going to only come a Saturday but maybe I’ll do Friday instead. I’m not sure yet. I’d hate to miss anybody.

Kramer

Jan 19, 2000
Excellent!! My wife just said it sounds good. She surprised me. I didn't think she'd want to go since she's only ridden a few times.

Any other beginners going?

I can't wait to meet some DRN'ers!!

Any info about lodging, exact location (directions), etc.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Update

We will still be holding the 'fest at Eagle Bridge Moto-X <--- (click for the EBMX site which includes directions). I'm waiting to find out what the discounted price will be for those attending. I'll be putting together a guest list. If your name is on this list you will pay the discounted price which will include the entry fee for all 3 days. I will post this information along with the list of prizes and local camping/lodging information when it becomes available.

In order to get on the guest list you must send an e-mail to woodsrider66@yahoo.com <--- (click to e-mail me) that includes your first, last and screen name along with your daytime telephone number. I will also need to know which days you plan to attend. Include all riding and non-riding guests. Make sure to put Nor'east Spodefest in the subject heading. I will reply to your e-mail address as confirmation that you are on the list. If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hrs., please resend your information. In order to get in for the discounted price your name must be on the guest list. You need to reply on or before Oct. 9th.

Keep those feet on the pegs,
WoodsRider

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Offroadr
LMAO!!! So fitting...
:think
I know where you live! :p

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
DRN to Trigger-come in!?!?

Originally posted by KLX4smoke
Trigger, did you post a ride report about that park in Hazleton? I can't find it if you did. ???

I think Triggers head is still spinning from Sturgis. ;) :eek:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Paragon Adventure Park Test Ride

For those of you who did not get my E-Mail report, here it is:

I rode for 2 1/2 hours with the manager. This is a beautiful place. It has everything oyu want to ride on. There is uphill/downhills,water crossings, slow-technical rock sections(1st gear) like trials, and woods. It has become even bigger with the addition of another whole mountain! Like, 25,000 acres!

The problem is that this place is not open yet. it is a SUV playground. The trails need to be marked for different vehicles so we don't have a bike meet a Jeep headon. There is no staging area or access road yet. They are in the works. No clubhouse, no camping, showers or porta-pots. There is nothing! We agrees that we will try again in spring. He asked me to help with the setup of the place and any input from fellow spodes is more than welcome.. The manager never rode a bike, he has a 4 wheel drive quad. He took me up a hill of loose shale of about 50 degrees incline. The problem was that you could not stand up on the bike because the tree branches were only 3 feet off the ground! Impossible for a bike. He is waiting at the top and I cant get up it. Do you see the problem? They arent bikers therefore they dont know a bike can or cannot do.

When its done it will be awesome, but dont look for anything til spring.

P.S. Hey Dirtybkr, I know were you live! You may end up eating some of those sticky pictures!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Attention All KDX/KLX Riders!!!!!

There is a thread on Canadian Dave's KDX Page in the forums section of DRN's home page. The thread is about cracking gas tanks on KDX 200/220's. The neck of the filler cap on the tank cracks at the base. I checked mine out of curiosity and the damn thing IS cracked! I never knew it.

Kawasaki will replace it FREE if you call your dealer and have the service manager call their "dealer only technical hotline" They will fix it after you show them the broken piece as long as it isnt from crashing. It doesnt matter how old the bike is. They call it a "courtesy replacement" There is a bad feeling knowing you have gas leaking near your "boys", if you are of that gender!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Re: Attention All KDX/KLX Riders!!!!!

Originally posted by Trigger1911

There is a bad feeling knowing you have gas leaking near your "boys", if you are of that gender!

I rode around briefly on my KDX with a cracked gas cap one time. Believe me, it doesn't matter WHAT gender you are, gasoline pre-mix burns!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
After further review, my 'gender' stance has been retracted. Thank you LoriKTM

Papakeith, What is 'TMI'? ( I will try to make it on thursday too if I can)

only two more weeks till the FEST! Do we have a head count yet?

Is there camping facilities there?

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Sort of .

Trigger ,We can camp there but there is not much in the way of comfort .Only port-a-johns , no showers , no pick nick tables . I have sent Woodsrider some info on camp grounds and motels close by . If you ask all nice and everything he may send it to you .

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Alright, here's the scoop

Response to this has been less than stellar, so far only a handful of people have let me know they're coming. So here's the deal. Cost for a rider will be $20/day payable to Eagle Bridge (that's $5 off their regular price). They will not be charging for non-riders or camping. The camping facilities are primitive, no showers, but there are portacans.

The following information on hotels and such was forwarded to me by dirtybkr:

The closest being the Cambridge Inn B&B .Cambridge NY 518 677 5741 $45-$75 Then there are a few in Bennington VT about 25 min. away . Best western 802 442 6311 $62-$92 The Knotty Pine 802 442 5487 $48-$66 . The Bennington Motor Inn 802 442 5479 $56-$80 , and for those with a taste for the finer things The Four Chimneys , 802 447 3500 $85-$125. There are also 2 camping areas with in 20 min . The Batten kill River Sports & Camp ground , Cambridge NY 518 677 8868 or 800 676 8768 also in Cambridge Lake Lauderdale camp ground 518 677 8855 . Both offer hot showers and RV hook ups . The Batten kill is well known for its fishing and Bennington has many restaurants and shopping. Also we are not far from Manchester VT which is are very hot spot for leaf peeping.

I will be arriving Thursday 10/11 and will be setting up some of the courses. No events will be taking place on Thursday. I will need the assistance of those planning to be there on Thursday. Those of you showing up on Friday will be able to ride around most of the morning. The first event is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Friday and the events will continue on until Saturday afternoon.

Here's a list of the events:
Daylight poker run.
Night poker run (lighting system recommended).
Ropin' the tree
Barrel race (if I can locate three, empty, 55 gallon drums)
Spode Rally (for those of you who wanted a race, this is it)

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Sorry I can't attend, I'm in the middle of orginizing an enduro (Oct 21 if any of you Northeast riders want to attend). Maybe next time. D.J.

Top Bottom