WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Yes, those crazy fools who enjoy long cold winters and a short riding season are at it again. In case you missed the last New York Mudfe... er... Spodefest, here's a chance to redeem yourself.

The dates will be October 11-13th (Thurs. - Sat.). Although we haven't finalized the place, we are looking at a facility, in upstate NY, that has a SX track, natural terrain MX track, eight-mile woods loop and a kiddie track. Stay tuned to this thread for further details.

Everyone, racers, riders, spodes and bs-ers are welcome to attend. I will be demonstrating the finer points of crashing. Rumor has it that Papakeith will demonstrate the proper backstroke technique, wayneo426 will demonstrate how to keep that showroom shine on your machine and Nancy... er... RM_guy will demonstrate the proper technique for eating roost. :p

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'll be there! But, I'll only be demonstrating the CR-submarine on Thursday and Friday. Gotta work on the Farm Saturday.
It is(will be) pumkin and Corn Maze season y'know!!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hmm... I don’t remember eating any or your roost there, AssAss guy.:p

I’ll probably be there for Friday only. I hope Gomer decides to come the THIS one after all the work that you did.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Im ready!

Lets do it! I just bought a case of WD40 for the festivities! :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I doubt if I'll be cleared to ride again by that time. :(
That’s too bad Gomer. I heard about your finger :eek: I assume you’re still going to Dirtweek, right?

BTW, I might be coming down to your neck of the woods on a business trip in the next 2 or 3 months. I’ll email you if it comes together.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
:think Since when did this become a dating forum?

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Dating?

BTW, Im 5'10 around 226, (on a good day), have black hair, and dark eyes-:scream:
And like a career minded WOMAN, with child-bearing visions.....

Oh, wait, I married that one.....:)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
I guess you would see it that way now wouldn’t you.:p

Heck, the way you've been flirtin' with Gomer, all of DRN can see it. ;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Good News

Well I just spoke to the owner of Eagle Bridge MX and it looks like this could be the place. The have a 1-1/2 mile SX style track, a 1-1/2 mile natural terrain (Unadilla) style track, a pee wee track for the kiddies (and RM_guy) and currently 3 miles of woods (maybe more by October).

He can give us our own area for camping/parking with portacans. Sorry no showers :( . Their rates are $25/day, $15/day after 5 p.m., BUT he will give us a discount depending on how many people will show up.

The scouting trip to EBMX is still scheduled for Monday, Sept. 3rd (Labor Day). Hopefully by then we can have a rough idea how many will be able to attend.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Great!!! Weekend, not too far away! Awesome!!! What kind of events will their be? OR is it just free riding? This is also nice becasue all attemps to convince my parents that a couple days from school to go to the nice Dirtweek is not a bad thing. They are having trouble grasping the idea that it is not some get together of "yahoos" and is a real organized event. Oh well.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Are you sure that's your bike, Wayne? ;)

We should be good for October, although we probably won't make it for Labor Day. (Sorry, it's just not feasible to drive the 4+ hours for 3 miles of trail!) Woods, we'll trust you to provide a full report on the conditions!

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Gee Wayne

It must've taken you five hours to get the "spit-shine" back on the WR. :scream: I was suprised how clean my bike was after the Red Fox yesterday. Of course mud wasn't the problem, DUST was. Nothing like going along wfo in fourth then hitting that square edged rock hidden in the dust. :eek:

As far as events go there won't be any organized races, at the NESF, since we won't have the facility to ourselves. However, a midnight poker run might be feasible. All you MXer's, break out the duct tape and flashlights. ;)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
October....maybe. Certainly hope so. If all goes well we will be out late next month.:)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
try and make it

weimedog,
Id love to check out that VOR. Never seen one of those up here. :cool:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Kawie,
Your missing the point! Maybe we'll "fill you in" at the next SF. ;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
After our last little 'fest wayneo426's WR was clean enough to "eat" off of. If it's mud you're looking for, Kawie, we've got the trail for you. :p

Lori - I'll report back the details on the woods situation. Three miles doesn't seem like much, but considering that's longer than the Team HS course at the MWSF last year, it should be good distance for most spodes and/or woods novices.

Also, if we want to do some "games" like barrel racing, slow racing, etc. we can do that in the field where we park/camp.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hey, I'm all over it in October. I just didn't want to try to make the drive as a "day" trip!

Wayne, you need to get out more! There's at least one guy running a VOR here in the WNYOA harescrambles series. Haven't seen any of those weird Gas-Gas bikes, though! ;)

Top Bottom