Normal marks on piston after 30 hres?

MONjean

Dec 12, 2000
I have a big question for you...Is it normal them i can see a very little marks on my piston after 30 hre of play rinding?
(good maintenance on it, filter is cleaning after every good ride,..)

humm i try to write and talk in english since a lot of time...but. i am sorry about my quality post in this forum.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I would say yes if it is a smaller engine. On the larger engines, pistons can last quite a while. I find that my pistons last hundreds of hours before they wear, however I play ride and have a 360cc engine. The Husky is well known for being a long lasting engine.

Chris

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
You don’t mention the bike type???

Up the exhaust side huh? If other sides would have a look at your filter etc. But the big ex ports always cause a bit of damage. A nice chamfer will help a bit here. Check the ring isn’t smeared over.

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
Particularly with the KXs, very small pieces of plating will flake off around the edges of the port and since this is very hard material, it will cause slight scoring on the piston. Many times you can't feel it with your fingernail, it just looks bad. Your piston may have looked like that if you took it apart after ONE HOUR of operation.

Top Bottom