OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Hey, anybody rode in North Carolina, or know if they at least have a good trail system. I have the opportunity to move there to work with my uncle in his shop and on his race team (roadbikes). But, a big part of my decision depends on the quality of the trails down there. I know he lives in Rutherfordton, its right by the mountains. So I'm sure theres got to be something, but I'd like to know some more.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Brown Mountain is an excellent riding area but we don't have anything that compares to what I understand to be in Michigan.

What do you think Truespode?? (He is from Michigan)

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
Brown Mountain is enjoyable. It is tight and technical in most places. I live right next to Rutherfordton (Forest City)so give me a holler if you move down. Cherry Mountain and some other local trails and such are right here in town.
Also if you don't mind the drive...Hatfield and McCoys is a blast. There is also Cathy's Creek motocross park right here in town. Polk County motocross is nearby.
It may not be what you are used to in Michigan...but a good time can be had.

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
Here is the address for a description of Brown Mountain.
http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/brown_mountain_orv.pdf

Hope you like dodging rocks, off camber turn with 50 foot cliff drop-offs, and the like :).

Hit trail 7 and pin it for a real white knuckler. ATV's are not allowed due to terrain :)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
You CAN'T outlaw. I just find someone willing to ride the West Side @ a drop of the hat, and you want to move south? Well at least I'll know someone for a mid winter road trip / ride. Good luck!

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Yeah, I'm not sure know. I did some searching last nite, the closest is Brown mountain, fair amount of trails but the other 3 places to ride are over a 100 miles away, and dont offer anywhere near the amount of possibilities as Michigan. Even though It would be nice to move somewhere thats pretty nice year round, I don't think I could give up our wonderful trail system.

Top Bottom