Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
There seems to be a void in the midwest.

Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin area.

Or are we to hook up with Michigan or Missouri?

I know a chapter in my miserable state (IA) would consist of three or four of us, but there seems to be several MN and WI riders hanging around here. Plus us Iowegians would like to find some tour guides for MN and WI trails :) We don't have much here, and you sure as heck can't get lost in any of it. :(

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
I'm interested but I probably wouldn't be able to leave Iowa. But i think it would be fun to find some guys to ride trails with. I know a couple of guys who might be interested.

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
I am planning on going to Bluff Creek this summer with my cousin and I was wondering if anyone else would want to meet up down there for 3 days or so and have an organized ride to explore the trails

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Name the date joey. I will bring as many friends as possible. Perhaps that could be the birth of our chapter?

PM or e-mail (bflick@tsargent.com, or rooster@iowatelecom.net) with thoughts and ideas.

Plus, a mini-fest would be good prep if you are planning on attending DW02

motometal? Trackmaster? You guys in?

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
I am planning on going to the Fort Dodge quaries sunday May 12, I have never been there before but I've heard alot of good things about it, I'm going sometime in the afternoon to check them out if you would want to meet up down there

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Any of you going to Bluff for Memorial Weekend?

If so let me know your plans, I have the whole weekend free, no home improvements, no family gatherings, nothing, just me and my bike.

bflick@tsargent.com note "bluff creek" in the subject of your e-mail so it doesn't get trashed as junk mail.

kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
Nice to see some more Iowa folks. There are a few of us stretching from DesMoines to the Quad Cities that get together every now and then. We've been to Bluff Creek a few times. Would enjoy hooking up with more people sometime anywhere. I agree with the limited riding, Iowa's a little behind when it comes to nice places to ride. :uh:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Wow, two years later, this thread comes back to the surface.

Since this post, I have been all over the country, riding new places. Three DirtWeeks, one Reno trip, several trips to Missouri and Illinois ... guess that says it all about how little we have for riding here in Iowa.

kdxiowa - let me know if you guys want to get together sometime. You can email me bflick@tsargent.com put DRN in the subject line.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
There used to be a place near Boone called Mondt's woods, but that fell through. The "tree huggers" won that battle when they found a couple of trees that "are not native to this area, and because of the highly erodable conditions, we do not reccomend this area be used for OHV recreation". They were the only vote out of seven "interested" groups" that said no to the project and that ended it. ONE VOTE. A shining example as to how little power we, as off road enthusiasts, have.

If there is something new in the works, I haven't heard of it. There is a place called Seven Oaks that is a ski/mountain bike/motocross area. Perhaps this is what you have heard about?

We are currnetly working on an area in Fort Dodge on the old bypsum mines. Other than that, I'm not sure of anything new.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Hey Rooster were did you ride in Illinois? Curtis

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
www.foxvalleyoffroad.com/

Curtis - Fox Valley Off Road is the only place I've ridden in IL - I hear there are some other areas, mining type riding, etc. FVOR is just north of Ottawa.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Where is Bluff Creek & what is it like. There is another place in Ill right by foxvalley called buffalo range. Curtis

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
If you triangulate Oskaloosa, Eddyville and Bussey, IOWA, Bluff Creek is right in the middle. It's an old strip mine, with a mini track, a practice track and an advanced track, as well as some cliff and hill climbs, timber trails and creek bottom trails. Something for every one.

Top Bottom