penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
The Texas Cross-country racing association ( TCCRA) had a cross-country race at a Dallas city park located in a rural area yesterday and a vocal minority(one person) managed to get a tv news crew out there and it gave a negative tone to offroad motorcycle riding. A massive response in protest by the racers and their families got the station to edit the story and put a more even handed slant to it. here is a link to the story and a poll you can vote on that might aid in preserving our right to ride and give us some positive feedback and some much needed PR for our sport.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/1468975/details/html

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks for the post penguin.

Voted on the survey. Results were 71% to 29%, OUR favor. :)

You may want to write a letter to the Editor in your local paper about what a good family sport this is. Most papers have a "Letter to the Editor' section.

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
What a bunch of wankers! Too noisey? Give me a break. I suppose they complain when ever a neighbor mows their lawn or runs their chainsaw too?! It was ONE weekend. 1,400 people having a blast vs. a couple of crotchety people. Those whiners that complained need to get over it. :silly:

At least the poll is showing a different story. :)

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
I saw where there is some houses backing up to the property. I do not think the track was close enough for them to even hear the race. They don't seem to mind the park across the road where they fly model airplanes, which I could hear while sitting in the pits.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Thanks guys. I heard the model airplanes across the 4 lane freeway myself. And most "pristine" land does not have trashbags, old tires, bricks and broken concrete littering the paths in the woods.

Top Bottom