Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by LoriKTM
According to my map, there is a rest stop on I-70, just west of exit 72 (about halfway between Columbus and Springfield). What say we meet in the parking lot of the rest stop between 2-3pm on Tuesday, 9/18? We'll be in the oversize parking area for trucks & trailers, motorhome towing a black Wells Cargo trailer.

Anyone who can, meet up with us there, and we'll head out at 3:00pm for the final leg of the trip.

Someone,

Not sure but i'd guess by Lori's post it would be between exits just past exit 72. I'll just look for it when i get there and try the cb or walkies. "Calling all Dirtweek attendees!" ;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Originally posted by Tree jumper
Sorry PapaKeith, not with those dirty bikes you dont! Better wash them before you leave. Chuck
Ummm. . .they're not clean enough?:confused:
*Papakeith sheepishly unloads the truck and begins washing his bikes*

MrMXer

Mar 9, 2001
Fuel Prices

Hey fellow Convoy'ers ! If anyone knows of a Gas station that isn't praticing Price Gouging near the Columbus hook up point.. That would be helpful. This RV of mine gets awful thirsty hauling a trailer full of bikes. Maybe I'll start a thread for stations close to Dirtweek that are charging a fair price for fuel.. Heck if I have to.. I'll load a couple of 55 gallon drums up an haul my own fuel to get there and back. Gas is 1.39 here which is way cheeper than the rumored 3 - 4 dollar range in Ill.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Consider using places like Flying J, Petro, T/A, etc... these are national "truck stops". Typically have VERY good diesel (i.e. fresh, clean and water free) as well as very good rates on gasoline along with offering propane, dumping stations and typically Flying J offers very clean restrooms and great sit down food.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Flying J link

You can find the exact exit number for any Flying J on your route and what features they offer. I use them almost exclusivly when on the road and can say I have NEVER been in one that was not prestine. They have a couple sit down eateries and a few more fast food places they are associated with. I usually go in a sit down just for a break and a GREAT meal. Their fuel pricces also typically are very reasonable and with as many pumps as most Flying J's have you almost never have to wait.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Sound Off!

The whistle is blowing, and the train's about to leave the station!

All aboard for the Northeast caravan to Dirtweek '01!

Meet between 2pm-3pm at the rest stop just west of Exit 72 on I-70 outside of Columbus.

We'll try to leave promptly at 3pm, or sooner if everyone's there.

Try channel #7 on your personal radios when you get close.

Or, our cellphone #: 607-368-1635

See you soon!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Heard that whistle and getting ready to roll. PapaKeith is packing and heading out for my place tomorrow. We will be ready and leaving Tuesday morning for Columbus! See you there. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
The NorthEast Caravan Caboose is leaving the station!!!!!
I'll be picking up one car on the way, and I'll meet the rest of the train in Columbus!!!

See you all there!!!!!

!!!! (this post needed some more of these!!!!)
:) :) :) :)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
If Im not in Columbus when your ready to leave dont wait. I will try to be though.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well the caboose has arrived! We will be leaving around 9am to make sure we are there in time. See you there! :)

Top Bottom