LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We'll probably be leaving at o'dark-thirty on Tuesday morning, to arrive at Casey late Tuesday evening. Should be about 12 hours from our exit (44) on I-17 (86) (Corning,NY).
We've been to Casey before, so we can find our way back very easily.

Anyone want to join the freight train to IL?
Papakeith? TreeJumper? Shaw520?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Gee, I'd love to...wait a minute. Oh Crap, whaaaa, whaaaa, snivel, snivel:confused: :(

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Why dont you bring the whole caravan to my house and help me convince my wife to let me go. :)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Hmmm wish I could join ya, but, looks like I'll be running 24 hrs behind you guys. Should be pullin into LTM Wed., evening.
Leave us a trail of crackers or something will ya?
Well just from Ohio on, cuz Im not loopin up thru NY ;)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
LoriKTM, i'm in for the caravan! I'd just need an idea of when you would be passing through so i know what time to campout at a exit. Are you still going via the turnpike in PA? Or can i convince you to take I-80, that way i can watch for you from my house! LOL. ;) Anyways count me in forsure.

MotoXsparx,

A cracker trail will not be a problem, I work for Nabisco. So what type do you want me to leave behind? Ritz, Premium, Chicken in a Bisket, Waverly, Better Cheddar, Cheese Nip? You pick your favor and i'll be sure to stock up! :confused:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Lori, Not sure if we'll be leaving THAT early on Tues, but we do plan to leave on Tues. Rt17 is about 45min west of us, so its probaly safe to say that you guys will get the holeshot on us. But keep in touch, (just in case).

Tree Jumper, I hear Triskets hold up better in foul weather!!:D

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm in! I think. I'll have to ask my driving partner when he gets back from camping.

Chicken in a biscut? They still make those?! I thought that they went the way of the dinosaur.;)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Mmmm, Better Cheddars...mmm...

I-80 is a bit of a drop south for us, although Akron, OH might be a good place to catch everyone up.
It's pretty much a straight shot west from there.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Doesnt matter to me where we meet up. I just remembered from the thread earlier this year, the NY group said they came down the turnpike. Looks like if your traveling above me then Ohio would be a good place to meet. What city are you in? I can plot your course, then plot mine and see where they join. That way neither group will have to drive out of the way. Akron, OH will probably work. Its showing 2:30 hours and 139 miles, of course its never taking me as long as Map Quest says it should. I may have a trailor so it may slow me down, never hauled one before. :eek:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
We'll be taking I-81 to I-80 west, then drop down to I-70w somewhere I believe in Ohio. :think

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Well, I would love to caravan! Problem is, I have no ride!!! Anyone want to let me tag along? I am small and can fit in a trunk!:p :confused:. But seriously, I would love to go and I have alot of that week off so school is not to much of a hassle. I can probably convince my parents to take me to a location en route and then I could "tag along". Anyone want to help a desperate 16 year old that wants to have the time of his life, wants to learn, and wants to meet new people get the the fest? Please? [puppy dog face on]

MrMXer

Mar 9, 2001
Convoy

I'd be up for a Convoy heading west. I'll be leaving from Central Pa traveling on I99 to I70 Tuesday morning. I can stop in Cambridge Oh, (I70 and I77 intersect here) and again in Columbus Oh (I70 and I71 intersect here) to complete the Convoy to Casy Ill.

Last edited:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Looks Im leaving on Tuesday AM also. Will be picking up I70 in upstate MD @ Hagerstown. I can meet up with you all in Ohio also.
What time is the NY train leaving?
I have to be on the road no later than 5 AM, or I get stuck in the Wash DC rush hour traffic and that aint a pretty site :think

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Dont know when the NY train is leaving? We havent heard back from the conductor, LoriKTM! ;) It doesnt matter to me, i'm looking at a 2 hour drive to one of the Ohio destinations so i can campout an exit or something til everyone arrives. Just let me know when and where.

Thanks!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I am an engineer, just not that kind!
Ok, sounds like someplace in Ohio will be the point of contact. I'm going to run some calculations tonight and see what our schedule looks like for that Tuesday morning.

We have a pair of personal radios-- these have worked out pretty well when caravaning. Any one else have a set? We can decide on a frequency beforehand, then keep in touch on the road.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I should have a CB installed in my truck by then. If not I'm sure I can find something that'll work.
It looks like I'm going to drive this over a two day period. I'll be leaving Rhode Island on Moday. Then I'll sleep at or near the meeting point untill the rest of the train arrives. :) Just let me know where and when to expect everyone to show up and I'm there.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sounds good! I can be there anytime so that doesnt matter to me. I have a pair of Motorola Sport 7x's that we can use. Basically can be used with any other Motorola. Also will have a CB just incase. That and a cell phone which should work in eastern Ohio since its suppose to be part of my calling area.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Ok, here's what I found last night. It's about 4 1/2 hours from Columbus, OH to Casey. Working backwards, we'd like to get to Casey by 8:00pm or earlier, so we need to be in the Columbus area before 3:00pm.

According to my map, there is a rest stop on I-70, just west of exit 72 (about halfway between Columbus and Springfield). What say we meet in the parking lot of the rest stop between 2-3pm on Tuesday, 9/18? We'll be in the oversize parking area for trucks & trailers, motorhome towing a black Wells Cargo trailer.

Anyone who can, meet up with us there, and we'll head out at 3:00pm for the final leg of the trip.

MrMXer

Mar 9, 2001
Kewl! The Eagle-Racing Crew will see everyone there. I'll be in a Gulf Stream Conquest pulling a trailer with Eagle Racing on it. Roost on Folks.. We're Westward Bound. The Conductor has spoken and the Train is about to roll !

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
You really need to get thru Columbus before 3:00. Construction on the north side of 270 and I-71 from the 131 south to 270. Always seem to start backing up around 2:30-3:00. Away around it and miss Columbus alltogether is get off at exit 131 Rt 36 go west to Delaware to rt 23 south. As soon as you get on 23 get in the left lane and get on 42 south. Follow 42 to I-70. It will bring you out at mile marker79 west of Columbus. A big Amish resturant on the south side of Plain City. Lots of parking. Use to be real good food.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
That's good with me since i have to pass through Columbus on the original route to Casey. :) As a bonus its exactly half way for me and since i'm the only driver i can use the hour rest. Also i get to sleep in that morning since i wont have to leave til 9am. That's if i sleep any the night before, i might be too excited like at Christmas! :cool:

Anyways i will be in a Silver Dakota w/wo a trailor in tow. I dont know yet? I'll be looking for your motor home between Akron and the meeting place. Just look for the silver blur with the DRN sticker on the back window! ;)

Also i think we should do a final count on who's meeting at the truckstop the day before. That way we dont wait for someone who might not be showing. That or we leave at 3 no matter what. The slow pokes can catch the caravan along the way.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'll have a green and grey GMC picup with two old honda in the bed.

It'll look kinda like this
twobikesintruck1.jpg

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sorry PapaKeith, not with those dirty bikes you dont! Better wash them before you leave. We're trying to run a clean ship, ur i mean clean caravan here. ;) Atleast you got the right brand of truck, but not sure about the bikes! :p

I getting so excited! I just got my motor back from the shop today and getting ready to put it all together and take my first spin on it. So if i really look like a spode at Dirtweek you know its because i'm on a bike i've only riding for a week. :eek:

Cant wait to meet everyone!

Chuck

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Originally posted by Tree jumper
Sounds good! I can be there anytime so that doesnt matter to me. I have a pair of Motorola Sport 7x's that we can use. Basically can be used with any other Motorola. Also will have a CB just incase. That and a cell phone which should work in eastern Ohio since its suppose to be part of my calling area.

Rm250Boy and myself are planning on leaving Columbus around 2pm on Tuesday(as long as things work out). Maybe we can try to meet you guys? Do you know the exit # off 70W you will be at?

Top Bottom