Northeast Ohio Trail Riders - Bike Testing

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Mike I know where the T/S is. What time?

Bill about 2 hrs going 161 to 16 to 36 to77. I'll let you know how many is going with me and maybe you can just ride with me.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Bill If you want you can come over to my house and ride with us.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

mgorman

May 8, 2000
How about 9:00 am at Gullivers?
------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980
"If the competition is not wasted, the day is"

[This message has been edited by mgorman (edited 03-16-2001).]

gt658

Nov 9, 2000
HI GUYS. MIKE M. AND I WERE PLANNING ON STUEBENVILLE SUNDAY BUT MAYBE WE'LL GOTO ELSON ST. INSTEAD. I'LL HAVE TO GET WITH HIM ABOUT IT. IF WE AREN'T THERE AT 10:00 WE WENT TO STUEBENVILLE.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Well, Tomorrow's looking really good. Sunny and close to 50. My biggest problem is I'm NOT a morning person. ;) But I should be at your house Dennis around 6:30. Hopefully I won't have the Irish Flu. :)

BenjaminPQ

Spammer
Jan 4, 2001
That was great!!! Even though my butt is so sore I can barely sit down. I'll have to see about a softer seat for my beast.

Speaking of my beast, man I love that bike. I became a lot more comfortable on it just in that one day, so watch out Doser!

I also gained a lot of respect for XR250's. There a blast to ride (hmmm maybe I can talk my dad into getting one!).

Meeting other DRN'ers was cool. I especially like the part where Bill was drooling over my bike and when Dennis showed us how to adjust mikes truck door. Sorry guys I just couldn't resist! ;) I hope to ride with you again. :)

------------------
BenjaminPQ
1979 RM125 (long gone)
1995 CR125 (sold)
1999 KTM 300MXC!!!

[This message has been edited by BenjaminPQ (edited 03-19-2001).]

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Ben,

I was just going to post something about that. You mentioned someone in Columbus was selling one. Do you have their name and number? I'm serious about getting that bike. I was Really Impressed. Great ride by the way. I had a really good time. I shouldn't have taken your bike for a ride. I'm crazed right now. :) I just have to figure out how to get one. I was thinking back at how close I was to shooting off the edge of that cliff. That definitely would have sucked! hahaha... Mike's amazing on that XR. I've got to practice my trials skills.

Let me know when you guys want to come down. I'll set up a killer ride.

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Thanks for coming up guys. I hope that everyone at least had a good time. It's too bad the others didn't show up. The trails were suprisingly dry except for the main oil road and the trail leading to the rollercoaster. When the weather breaks and the fairweather riders motocross tracks open up, I'd like to get a group motoplay going. SOme locals will rent their tracks by the day.

Looks like Lake Shanengo next weekend...

Bill, keep me posted, I'd like to get to ride somewhere new and let them lead me around for a while!!

By the way, a big hammer readjusted the door, now all I have to do is figure a way to get the big green ODOT sticker off the new one I bought...

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

Apr 19, 2000
Mike I will be off Sunday and don't have to back to work until midnight. If you are going to ride on Sunday let me know.

------------------
If you hit it hard enough it will move or should!

mgorman

May 8, 2000
As of right now I am waiting to hear back from Robyn. Kevin, her and the boys are interested in going to Shanego. Shanego is located of the Ohio/Pa border so it will be a haul from Columbus.

Slammer, I will let Robyn know that Sunday is best for you.

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Had a great time sunday. I always like to ride at differant places. It did'nt take Bill long before he was asleep in the back seat of the truck,mumbling all the way home ktm300 ktm300 gotta get one. He was wondering if he could get it painted green so his wife would'nt notice it. :)
Mike did you see how many people they are expecting? Around 800.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

Apr 19, 2000
Mike I hope to off that weekend, if so you can count me in on the ride. Sounds like fun. But I think Cockerton Pa. is the same weekend. Will have to make a choice.

------------------

mgorman

May 8, 2000
This is all I have found so far on chocheranton.

I did find out that the ride in chocheranton is the 31st and is $20 to sign up. Start time is 8:00am till 1:00 pm. and best of all NO QUADS!!!, they have their own day. You may want to have an APV sticker.
http://www.atving.com/editor/feature/00cochranton/pokerrun.htm

Looking at the numbers say's they are making a killing but the editor makes the people look like goofs. But then again he was talking about the quad riders...

Good luck Bill, hope it is as nice as Ben's...

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

[This message has been edited by mgorman (edited 03-22-2001).]

BP

Jun 25, 2000
Mike,
Shenango on Sat. 3/24 or Sun. 3/25 ?
I'm going to Cochranton, wanna meet somewhere for breakfast ?

Brian (BP)

mgorman

May 8, 2000
No one seems to want to go.

Check your mail and give me a call...

As far as the poker run goes, I will more than likely go to the chocheranton run because there will be no quads.

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

Apr 19, 2000
Mike going to Shenango on Sunday the 25th. GT658 and friends will be there. Hope to see ya. Bring ben if he can come. I want to see him ride his new KTM300. That should be fun!

------------------

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Guess what???? I got to crash 3 times and slammer missed them all. In nearly ten years of riding together you only saw one!! One of those today was WAY to similar to the one you did see except this time the front wheel made it all the way over!!

Ben, next time pick up the phone, it will be more reliable. I didn't get your e-mail till I got home.

GTS658, thanks for the ride. My pinky fingers have blisters from getting pinched between the lever and bark-busters.

That will probably be our last snow ride...

for 8 months...

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

gt658

Nov 9, 2000
Good ride guys. Always fun to do some bike testing...right? Oh did I happen to mention that the slammer lived up to his name, again.

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Some one told me Slammer had some de-VINE intervention on that one. I know Kevin enjoyed it...

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom