Northeast Ohio Trail Riders - Bike Testing

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Anyone interested in another bike testing session March 16th or 17th? May be the last chance to ride the gap before it closes till summer. Or maybe we can lure some of the southerners up to Elson St. for a day.

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980
"If the competition is not wasted, the day is"

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Would really like to get back up there to ride with you guys before you start racing. I'll have to wait and see what the work schedule will be. Weather also.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Too late... We already started. Actualy I don't remember wuiting the last season. We had a few snow races this winter that kept us going. The 1st points race was last Sunday at Little Beaver. It rained all day but the track held up realy well. More than I can say for myself...

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

BenjaminPQ

Spammer
Jan 4, 2001
I would love to ride, and Elson would be great but I have a problem. I have to find a way to pick up my new bike from Pittsburg so if anyone has a nice truck or car and trailer that would be interested in making a few bucks and hanging out with the coolest guy I know for a few hours, please let me know. Please!!!!
So for thoose of you I haven't talked your ear off about(sorry Mike), my new bike is a 99 KTM 300MXC, so sweet! I can't wait for the first ride. Just have to go get it!!

------------------
BenjaminPQ
1979 RM125 (long gone)
1995 CR125 (sold)

gt658

Nov 9, 2000
BPQ,
WHERE AND WHEN ABUOT THE BIKE. I'M SURE SOMETHING CAN BE WORKED OUT. I HAD A 99 300 EXC, SWEET IS NOT THE WORD, SCARY WOULD BE MORE LIKE IT. JUST ASK SLAMMER, MGORMAN,AND WITH-OUT A QUESTION DOZER.

gt658

Nov 9, 2000
MGORMAN,
I SHOULD BEABLE TO GO ON THE 16TH AND 17TH. I'LL SEE IF MIKE M. CAN GO AS WELL. DON'T MISS THIS ONE GUYS, A GOOD BIKE TEST WILL BE IN ORDER, I'M SURE OF IT.

BP

Jun 25, 2000
Ben,
I live in Portage County and have a pick-up. Should only take about 2 hours to get to Pittstucky.
Let me know !

Brian
'99 KTM 200 MXC (wife's bike)
'99 KTM 250 SX
'98 KTM 300 EXC

Originally posted by BenjaminPQ:
I would love to ride, and Elson would be great but I have a problem. I have to find a way to pick up my new bike from Pittsburg so if anyone has a nice truck or car and trailer that would be interested in making a few bucks and hanging out with the coolest guy I know for a few hours, please let me know. Please!!!!
So for thoose of you I haven't talked your ear off about(sorry Mike), my new bike is a 99 KTM 300MXC, so sweet! I can't wait for the first ride. Just have to go get it!!

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Ben,

What day are you going, I just did an all nighter form South Fla. to massillon in 19 hours. What part of Pitt is it? If you pay for the gas in the big green monster (probably half the price of your bike!) we'll try to work it out this week. Weds. is out. How about thurs.?

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Anyone up for Sunday, George and Ben can make that day only...

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Where?
What time?
Whats the weather gonna do sunday(sunny,high 50 here)
Mike, still not sure if I have to work sat or what time if I do have to work.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Slammer and I are looking for somewhere warm and dry this weekend, any suggestions...

Prefereably within reasonable driving time

Our weather does not look good

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

BenjaminPQ

Spammer
Jan 4, 2001
The weather man says cloudy Sat. and Sun. high 40's. Sounds better then what we have been having.

Is Elson out of the question?

------------------
BenjaminPQ
1979 RM125 (long gone)
1995 CR125 (sold)

dozer

Dec 18, 2000
I hope I can go. Sat better for me but I may be able to work out something for Sunday. Mother in Law coming in on Sunday. I'll have to pay dearly. But I'm sure it will be worth it.

Congrats on the new 300 KTM purchase. Never to be confused with the "Wifes" bike :D>

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Elson St? Sunday @ 10:00am? THis way Ben can try out his new bike and if SPD comes up he won't have to drive as far. Dozer, remind me to bring your tape...

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Mike whats that link for the riding place. I need to get the directions.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
hey guys! this place seems like it is right next to a place i was thinkin would be great to ride at and i was wondering if you know of it... its called bear creek and it is in East Sparta... if you know of it, tell me what you know... thanks!

------------------
John (o)(o)
'99 Suzuki RM 250

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Bear Creek is kinda small and I never had any fun there. I think that you will like elson St. It has a variety of terrain from loamy wood to strip mine hills.

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Can you please explain a little more about Bear Creek? What is small? The trails are limited or the tracks they have?

Why don't you have any fun there? I am just curious as this place is kind of close to me and was planning on checking it out soon. But if it's not worth the trip, I will look elsewhere.

mgorman

May 8, 2000
I had went there with some freinds. Every where I went I saw boudary markers. The people gave me a map but I found the trails to not be much of a challenge. The area was small compared to Elson Street and had no where near the variety of trails. Personaly, I won't go back. A freind of mine was on a mtb back behind their property and was greeted by a 4x4 with a shotgun. Not my idea of a nice way to get lost. If you are A beginner or novice, the place will be ok. Meet us Sunday at Elson St. You will have fun. There will be a variety of skill level riders there if they show up.

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
OK I can come out and play sunday. I have at least one other person maybe two with me.
Mike did you want to meet for bteakfast? If so where. I'll be comming up 77 to 30.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Thanks mgorman for the info about Bear Creek. It doesn't sound like much fun to me either. Their description of the place is misleading. I thought it would be a better place than that, oh well.

I will check out the web site about Elson St. If my plans fall through for this weekend (I think they may have since it's raining today) I may have to come down and meet you guys. I am no pro rider, but love any kind of challenge and am not afraid to get hurt trying(I am still sore from last weekend after not riding for 11 years). ;)

mgorman

May 8, 2000
There is an exit on 77 at Faircrest St. Exit #101. We can eat therre at Gullivers Travel & Truck Stop. 9:00? It is 2.5 miles before Rt. 30

------------------
mgorman,
Thumping since 1980

Top Bottom