Northeastern Washington Ride June 21 - 22

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Looks like we will be heading back up to Little Pend Oreille for Michelle's visit this weekend.

Firecracker, Karl and I had a great time at LPO this past weekend with Kokanee and Gord & their wives along with zero_it and her bud Lisa and several members of our club.

LPO has great trails, a nice lake or 6, cabins to rent and camping either primitive or with hookups.

Anyone interested in joining us? So far it's Karl, myself and the kids, Firecracker & Michelle. We will be up there Friday afternoon through Monday afternoon.

Zero_it there are a couple trails we didn't get to so if you come back this weekend we should be able to finish the rest of the trail systems!!! :yeehaw:

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Hope you all have a great time riding this weekend. Keep Michelle safe and entertained on all your fine trails over there. Go for maximum smiles per mile!

MudnRocks

Apr 15, 2003
Ha, Ha, Lori and Lisa have been schooling guys for a long time!!

Sounds like you all had a great time!
Lori sent pics of the famous Canuk blender. Way cool! Now if someone could put together some kind of a hot tub with the same techn.!!

Kimberly

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Hot tub, now you're talking!

It was a great weekend, Michelle had the pleasure of experiencing a "Karl Ride" first hand.

We introduced one of the local Forest Service Personnel and her son to trail riding and they both had a great time but will be getting more protective gear soon. Her son even joined us again on Sunday (he's 11 & wanted more) but her leg was a bit sore from a run in with a trail obstacle so she decided to take the day off while he rode.

It poured down rain for a lot of it but we managed to get about 20 miles in on Saturday & another 20 or so on Sunday. Of course it was absolutely beautiful as we packed up to head home.

We had a good ride on Mica on Monday, showing Michelle all the tourist attractions Mica has to offer - The Hill, Hangover Hill & Oops I Crapped My Pants. Michelle did a little solo touring on Firecracker's KTM since Firecracker had left her bike at our house with explicit instructions to take it for a ride and for some reason that bike always gets the rider lost.

Luckily we did find Michelle again in time to make one more loop and then head to town for Mexican food.

Ride reports are forthcoming, gotta wait for Michelle to get home so she can start the thread!

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Belive it or not, we are working on a hot tub and hope to have it ready for the labour day weekend ride. We are hosting a ride outside Kelowna, BC on the labour day weekend and any and all are invited! Hope to see lots of locals as well as freinds from south of the border.Dates are August 29-September 1. I would like to gauge interest so please post here, or start a new thread.

MudnRocks

Apr 15, 2003
bbbom, lol
sounds like you guys had a great time. I can't wait for the rest of the ride reports.

Kokane, how cool on the hot tub. I'll have check to see if Labor Day weekend is duable, we would love to come up and ride.

Noseat

Jun 23, 2003
Hey Kokane, a hot tub and a motorcycle powered blender- what more could I ask for? I will try and make it to your ride on Labor day weekend. What all do I need to get across the border now days? BTW- I do have brakes now, but still no seat. See ya, Lisa

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Crossing the border is no problem, I have done it 4 times this year, twice with my bike. I would suggest that you register your bike with customs to avoid potential problems when you come back across into the states. I would also suggest that you buy medical insurance for riding up here. Its very cheap and worth the peace of mind. If you are riding without a seat I just can't give you any help with that.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
No seat, that's okay as long as you have the brakes!!! Karl made a seat for Pat's BMX bike using a quart of oil & some duct tape that worked pretty well. Maybe for your GG you could use a gallon & put it on upside down?

We plan on making it Kokanee but might not make it there until that Saturday night due to that fourletter word!

Lori mentioned a ride at Mad River July 19 - 20th too that we will be trying to hit.

Last edited:

Noseat

Jun 23, 2003
Mad River is very senic and can be challenging if you know the trail system.
Lori knows the area very well. Just remember to take your bug dope along with you. Mosquitoes are always extra hungry there for some reason, maybe because there's lots of creeks, rivers, and lakes within the riding area. Should be a good time and a good ride!

Noseat

Jun 23, 2003
Originally posted by Noseat
Mad River is very scenic and can be challenging if you know the trail system.
Lori knows the area very well. Just remember to take your bug dope along with you. Mosquitoes are always extra hungry there for some reason, maybe because there's lots of creeks, rivers, and lakes within the riding area. Should be a good time and a good ride!

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
For BBBOM. Hey Lori, are you and Karl going to mad river for July 19-20? Let me know, I have 4 guys who will come down.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Hey Keith, we are going to try to make it to ride on the 20th. Karl can't get the 19th off so we'll be driving over that evening.

Shoot me an email bbbom1@excite.com (I lost your card in the packing/unpacking daquari shuffle).

Noseat, I think you have to be a subscriber to edit/delete now. BTW, how did you end up placing at the Trials Meet?

Are you going to make it to Mad River?

Last edited:

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Hey, I'm planning to head over there on the 20th as well (I also work on the 19th). Where exactly do you plan to hit the trails from? Are you meeting up with the group from TT? Let me know, I'd like to meet up with you guy. I really need to find time to make the drive over to your neck of the woods!

Jeremy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom