Kevin003

Jul 5, 2005
I live up north in IL in woodstock. And ive been wondering if there are any DRN riders that live up in this area and would want to go riding? I know a few hot spots that are about a half hour drive from here. If anyone wants to hit up on some trails or tracks, leave some info. Im mostly a woods rider but i do go to Byron occassionaly. Im willing to drive an hour or 2 for some decent riding. :)

ct

Feb 3, 2006
I live in Cary and just got new crf 450x and looking for places to ride as well. Where is there riding in Volo??

Anyone been to the new place in Rockford, Rocky Glen?

JRM157

Jan 13, 2006
Hey CT I found a little place to ride on randall rd in elgin, I went there once a couple of weeks ago but it was real muddy. Down load a program called Google Earth, you can find places to ride. PM if anyone is looking to ride or is willing to share a riding spot

ct

Feb 3, 2006
I think I may have been there before, near a housing development and railroad tracks?

There is also a decent small place just north of rt. 14 on rt. 31.
It's not too bad, although after a couple of hours, your looking for more.

If you go further up on 31 into Mchenry, behind the Ford dealer is a bunch of land. I only went back a little bit last year on a klr and it was just too muddy. I've heard that it is decent.

Always looking for somewhere to go.

CT

JRM157

Jan 13, 2006
That is the place on randall. Have you ever had any problems at 14/31 I went to check it out but seen a lot of keep out signs

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Hey all. Just moved out here to Belvidere. Talking to some neighbors and others trying to find some decent places to ride. So far have some good leads about a few people that have tracks setup on their land. But, still looking and up for just about anything, anywhere. Woods, fields, trails, tracks, whatever! How do I get in touch with some of you so we can go riding? I've got my ear to the ground and I'm close to Rockford as far as a pit stop for some of ya.

Let's get in touch and get started riding soon, weather was great today wish I could have gone out.

Kevin003

Jul 5, 2005
Everyone around here keeps talkling aboutottawa and how great it is. Any one know where abouts this is located? And if its really that great? Is there any good woods riding in volo?

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Not sure about Volo but I hear Bong Rec is pretty good. So far I've only checked out Rocky Glen (pretty good place) and going to go hit Byron soon.

Kevin003- I just sent you an email :cool:

Kevin003

Jul 5, 2005
Scratch said:
Not sure about Volo but I hear Bong Rec is pretty good. So far I've only checked out Rocky Glen (pretty good place) and going to go hit Byron soon.

Kevin003- I just sent you an email :cool:

Thanks for the email :cool: Me and a few friends went to bong last year, and unless you like constant dust in your face and really long flat trails, its not really a good place. I was dissappointed but since it was only a 2$ cover fee i didn't really care that much.

defiance said:
there's about 5 of us going out to buffalo rock tommorow (4-1) if anyone else would like to join.
Are there any rules at this place? Such as you have to have a flag or spark arrestors or anything like that?

Last edited:

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Kevin003 said:
Me and a few friends went to bong last year, and unless you like constant dust in your face and really long flat trails, its not really a good place. I was dissappointed but since it was only a 2$ cover fee i didn't really care that much.

Ahh thanks for that update. I guess I should have considered the source. The guy that told me it was a "good place" is somewhat of a slower rider. So maybe it was good for him I dunno. Honestly though for $2 who cares? It's a little too far from me. Rocky Glen is 30 minutes away and Byron is 45 so I don't have to go far.

This ottowa joint is sounding interesting, might have to search around and see what info I can find on it.

defiance

Dec 26, 2004
Kevin003 said:
Thanks for the email :cool: Me and a few friends went to bong last year, and unless you like constant dust in your face and really long flat trails, its not really a good place. I was dissappointed but since it was only a 2$ cover fee i didn't really care that much.

Are there any rules at this place? Such as you have to have a flag or spark arrestors or anything like that?

nope just give them your money and ride :cool:

Just Jim

Apr 19, 2006
Scratch said:
This ottowa joint is sounding interesting, might have to search around and see what info I can find on it.

I have been down to Ottawa several times. I just moved to Bristol, WI from McHenry, IL. I will still drive to Ottawa (about 3 hours each way) because I like the place. I go to Fox Valley, which can be found here: foxvalleyoffroad.c0m
It's a good place with a small motocross track. Mostly trail riding with some decent hill climbs.

The other place mentioned a lot is Buffalo Range. Can be found here: buffalorange.tripod.c0m
I've never been there but a buddy of mine has a couple times. Says it's much more intense trail riding out there. Something like 900 acres. He said you basically take off in one direction and spend the rest of the day trying to find your way back to the truck. Good if you have a 4-stroke. Not so good on a 2 stroke because of the gas mileage I guess. Hope to check it out this season.

Antone else know of any decent places in NE IL or SE WI? Bong is flat track and dull. But good for beginners and if you just want to get a ride in.

Jim

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Just Jim said:
Antone else know of any decent places in NE IL or SE WI? Bong is flat track and dull. But good for beginners and if you just want to get a ride in.

Jim

Jim-

I'm just getting back into the game after a long absence so for me, right now, tame is good. I think you're pretty close to me so we should get in touch. I've found some new places to ride around McHenry & Boone County's. Neighbor about 2 miles from here is building a very serious track for his kid, I rode it and he says I can come by any time (just phone ahead). This guy is not messing around, some hairy jumps but fun. Another place I went to is Jeff's, forgot the name of the town, fairly tame open track with some nice tables. Checked out Byron last week and it was ok though I'd prefer trails or even more tame tracks than byron. Uphill is fun though.

I want to check out Joliet but sounds like it might be a little much for my n00b self. Same with Pecatonica (Statelinemx.c0m).

Scratch

May 10, 2005
There's nothing good around Bristol? Anyway email me next time you're thinking about riding, got a trailer and all that. I don't get notification to responses on this thread, or any other for that matter due to some kind of spam issue associated with this site so email is best bet :nod:

Top Bottom