Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I was wondering if anyone traveling to DW would be passing through or near Franklin, PA which is about 85 miles north of Pittsburgh? A friend has bought a bike off the popular auction site and was trying to figure out how to get it to Louisiana. I told him I would ask if anyone would be passing that way on the way to DW and could pick up a bike. I would then bring it from DW to Lafayette.

So that's it... if anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated. :worship:

Randy

L

LukeRips

You almost lucked out. I was planning to go but I broke my leg last week. So far I was the only one from Pennsylvania that I know of.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Sorry about the leg... you should come anyway and hangout!! Maybe I will get lucky and someone passing in the neighborhood can help out.

Thanks anyway, and think about coming for the socializing. you won't be disappointed.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
My crew from PA wont be going and i'm not sure of who will be passing through the state. If you can find someone to take it from PA to Dirtweek i can get it from Franklin and store it for them to pickup. This way it wouldnt be out of the way for them as I-80 passes through our farm. Thats about the best i could do.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We're going to be going through Erie, PA (I-90) on our way out, Saturday 9/25. We will have room if they can get the bike up to the Erie area. (About 1 1/2 hours from Franklin)

Don't know if that helps...

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Thanks Lori. This is for a friend. I am going to pass on the info and see what he says. It just might work out. He said he would pass on some $$$ for gas for transport too!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Dave and Lori are great about hauling bikes! They were a big help with us at Dirtweek '01. Hauled a KTM from Casey, IL back to NY, to Wayneo426 for us!! :cool:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I have to go offshore for a week. If someone can help out and get this bike to Dave and Lori along I-90, please contact D Lafleur who is also a DRNer.

I will be back on or around the 9th or 10th of this month and can field any questions or put you in touch with Kevin after that.

Thanks,
Randy

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
MrMXer327 said:
As soon as we figure out what we are using to haul the bikes, I'll know if we have room for one more. If we do, I'll let you know

Kevin will be calling the gentle whom he bought the bike from to find out if he can travel some to help facilitate the transport.

Dave/Lori MrMxer I will post as soon as I know something to see if one of you may be able to help.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Dave/Lori & MrMxer,

I sent you both PMs to request phone #'s for Kevin to see if something could be worked out for transporting the bike. He said he has cash to offer to help the deal out and he is getting desperate. The person whom he bought the bike from is absolutely no help at all.

Thanks,
Randy

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Okay guys... the guy owning the bike will not help one bit. Treejumper, do you think you could get the bike to Altoona for MrMxer or would a hook-up with Lori be better. That is if you have time at all on such short notice.

I know it is getting down to the last minute. I was just hoping we could make an easy hook-up somewhere along the way to get the bike to DW. It doesn't look like it is going to be easy if at all possible. Some of you have sent phone numbers for Kevin to call and I don't know if he has contacted you or not. I told him I would see if anyone was coming through.... try to help a buddy out but I guess it hasnt been an easy task after all.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
LoriKTM said:
I haven't been contacted.

Lori, I was just on the phone with him when I saw that you posted. Kevin said he was going to call you after 5pm today.

The other sources aren't looking promising at the moment either. Franklin, I believe would be too far off track for you guys to pick up.

Thanks for hangin' in.

Randy

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'm traveling with MrMxer. We do want to help - we have room - but Franklin is just too far North. It's already a 20+ hour drive without taking side trips. Let's see what the others say.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
rv6junkie said:
I'm traveling with MrMxer. We do want to help - we have room - but Franklin is just too far North. It's already a 20+ hour drive without taking side trips. Let's see what the others say.

I know... you guys and Lori have made great offers. When I posted that the other sources didn't look promising I was referring to what you said. Everyone is too far away and the guy Kevin bought the bike from won't budge one inch on trying to help get the bike to anyone.

I think he is looking at Forward Air to ship now. Maybe some PA locals would be interested in making some $$$ to take it and drop it at Forward Air station in Pittsburgh?

Thanks for the offers guys.

Moteaux

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I talked to Kevin this evening. With some creative Mapquesting we can arrange our route through Franklin, so we'll be picking up his bike Saturday about mid-day.

Randy, it will then be up to you to get it back to Looziana... :)

What day are you arriving at DW?

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Lori,

The Cajun crew and I will be arriving Sunday afternoon/evening. I just got a call from Kevin and he was so appreciative of you guys! :worship: He couldn't say enough.

Looking forward to seeing you there....

BTW... should I bring a box of Looziana's finest wine to share.. :rotfl:

Top Bottom