KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Mace - Funky Chicken is a cross country race, Hare Scramble or Hare and Hounds - I get confused by the difference. It's put on my friend Endoquest.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Hey I could maybe swing this into a trip home to visit the parents (Seattle). Shipping a bike wouldn't get "spousal approvel" though. Anyone have anything I could possible borrow?

------------------
'98 GasGas EC250
'00 District 17 200B Enduro Champion
AMA # 557934

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
The Funky Chicken is actually a National Hare Scramble near Elkton, Oregon. It is supposed to be a pretty neat place. I forgot it was June 30 - July 1.

So, June 29th is bad, June 23rd is bad, how about the weekend of June 15th Father's Day weekend or July 14th?

July 6 & 7 will probably be quite crowded because of 4th of July so I don't recommend it.

As for loaner bikes, I'm sure we can round up a few of em.

------------------
Bbbom’s Picture Page

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh, goody, goody, goody! This will be fun.

Firecracker will be doing her intrepid reporter imitation and taking pictures. Y'all feel like being featured in a magazine? It'll be a ride report type article so all you have to do is think of some eloquent descriptions of the riding. And make sure I get some good pictures!

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
(Definitly, if someone is reallycoming from out of state, give their date request priority....)

FYI, here's a few NMA events for June and July...

06/17/01 (PRP) Fathers Day Poker Run / Yakima Valley Dust Dodgers / Little Naches

06/24/01 (PRP) 25th Annual Super Dirt Poker Run / Cascade Family MC / Capitol Forest - Middle

07/04/01 Independence Day (Wednesday)

07/07/01 (EP) River City Night Enduro / River City MC / Capitol

07/15/01 (PRP) NMA Benefit Poker Run / Yakima Valley Dust Dodgers / Little Naches

--------------------------------------------
I am planning on riding all these except for one of the two events at Naches. I'd love to go to Spodefest on either 6/15 or 7/14.

I've noticed that the world stopped revolving around me about the time I turned 18, so you just take my needs FWIW. ;)

[This message has been edited by MACE (edited 02-22-2001).]

SL99

Jun 18, 2000
That would be a great place! The country is beautiful up there! If we keep our bikes then we'll definatley try to be there! We'll bring our ski too. We even have a baby sitter because my grandparents live in Colville.
Although, could I still hang on a YZ 125?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Some trails get pretty tight--first gear kind of stuff. Granite Peak would be good though, and some of the others are ok. Granite Peak is my favorite though--the technical stuff is ok for a while, but I want to go FAST sometimes too. I was in 3-4-5 gears most of the way up that trail and it was a BLAST! Standing up, picking your line through roots, ruts, rocks and other obstacles, leaning way sideways in the corners . . . I love that trail. It gets slow for a while but the 2nd half of the loop (the whole thing is about 12-15 miles, I think) is great too. Wonderful scenery.

The Radar Dome trail has kicked my butt from one side of the mountain to the other. I wouldn't want to try to hang onto a 125 on that but I'm not the world's greatest rider either. There's plenty to like though, and we have maps to find new places. We'll ride the "easy" ones so we can stretch our legs and our gearboxes!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
All right, but no sleeping on your bikes!!! ;)

Just a thought about the dates - mid June will be the best riding weather, lake may be a little cool dry suit temps depending upon your cold tolerance.

Mid July could be pretty dry & dusty. We had a very low snow accumulation this year and from all indications spring won't be making up for the lack of snow but, the lake would be a little warmer.

[This message has been edited by bbbom (edited 02-22-2001).]

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
bwaahaaahaa, I remember Little_thumper up at lake Cleveland in my wet suit freezing his butt off, I think he was in the water for 10 seconds before he turned blue. No way was I getting in there.

btw Little_T, by my calculations it is about a 11 to 12 hour drive from here, depending on how fast you drive.

------------------
SirT

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by KW:
Mace where did you get the NMA dates?
I can't find any books on the west side.

I have friends in low places. The books will be available at the dealers who advertise in the book about the end of the month. Email off list if you need a date for a specific event and I'll get it for you.

The NMA website has the events for the next two months listed. The whole list gets on the website May 1st.

JAJ

Mar 14, 2000
OOOOHHHH! What a good idea...

You guys are getting to close to July 7th, I'm getting married.

Depending on when this all happens I might have an extra TTR225.

Hey MACE are you going to the Filthy Pup?

------------------
JJ - "Family 'O' Yamaha"
99 WR400 (KTM 520EXC/MXC?)
00 TTR125L
99 PW80 (KTM 65?)
99 PW50 (KTM 50JR?)

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Checked out "Spodefest" area .. WOW nice country! Sounds good !!

" If I fly out, does anyone have a bike I can borrow...?! "

Lori I have an XR200 ..Its been dialed in for my 5-2 self...suspension et al.No problems.. runs great !... June is a long way off.But if all goes as planned we are going to make the next ride..where ever it is :-)..Anyhow its not being used, be glad to throw it in for ya !

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Gee, thanks Pegasus! I'm going to have to do a wait-and-see on this one. Dave tells me I already used up my "flying-out-for-spodefests" money this year. :(
But I make more than he does, so it should be my call, right? :)
You guys decide on a date, and then I'll see what happens.

KW

Oct 14, 1999
Mace thanks for the reply. I am a NMA member
and thought the books might be in dealers
down south. I look forward to seeing you and
the rest of the DRN members at the spodefest!

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
Wow, this spodefest stuff sure takes on a life of its own. I'd love to go. I lived up there for 3 years, and my friends there are always wanting us to come back and visit, so it would be perfect for me (us). This time I'm 99% sure I could make it, since I boged out on the last one. And I'm open to most any date at this point. And GSR, if you were referring to me for the extra Gas Gas, I just sold it a couple of days ago. BUT, I usually have two bikes, and I change them faster than, well, you know the cliche', so there is a good chance I'll have a second bike by then. I'm kinda aiming for a WR250, but we'll see. Its possible I could borrow one anyway.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by gospeedracer:
hmmmm, now who around here has a spare Gas Gas... I dunno..... ;)

[EAST COAST IVY-LEAGUE ACCENT] Aimee, thank you so much. I don't know how I could ever lower my standards to riding something that's made in, God forbid, Japan.

Why I'd be the laughing stock of Martha's Vineyard. I'd never be able to face Buffy, Skip or Todd again! [/EAST COAST IVY-LEAGUE ACCENT]

Only weekend that's bad for me is June 30th. Going to a wedding in Galveston.

[This message has been edited by WoodsRider (edited 02-24-2001).]

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by HONDA65:
And GSR, if you were referring to me for the extra Gas Gas, I just sold it a couple of days ago.

uhh, no worries HONDA65, I wasn't referring to you.... there is but another... bwaaaahaa :)
Hope you can make this one though, spare bike or not. :)

awww, damn Bill, does that mean I can't slap ya on my ol' RM125? :p You may have to duke dirtygirly for it though... ;)

------------------
Aimee
RM125
AMA Member
Blue Ribbon Coalition Member
gospeedracer’s Picture Page

[This message has been edited by gospeedracer (edited 02-23-2001).]

ButtonFly

Dec 8, 1999
Amen about the duking GSR. You have dirtygirly hooked. All she does now is complain about having an 4 inch inseam... BTW how reliable would you say your RM is? Dirty wants mo power... She was thinking about working towards a newer 125, and dropping the forks a bit, and perhaps a lot of sag or a lowering link... any ideas?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
On the 125 subject, the YZs are a little smoother and have more bottom end, but the Hondas are lighter. Flywheel weights are available for both as are lowering links. Sliding the forks up, setting the sag on the shock and lighter oil in both are easy ways of lowering but they change the steering geometry of the bike. Shaving the seat foam can make a lot of difference (since the seats are hard as a rock anyway) and sending the suspension off to have it done right is worth the $. I may do that on my future KDX.

Dirtygirly needs a new ride! She can certainly see what she thinks of my Kawi when I get it. She's going to tear it up.

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
What, are you saying my Gas Gas wasn't good enough for you, hmmm? Fine, be that way, see if I care. Maybe I'll just buy it back, and then not let anyone ride it. What do ya think about that, huh? Yea, I'll show ya!!

Hmm, wait a minute....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom