GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I always found the subject of Nostradamus interesting. I'm not a zealot or anything, its just interesting, and weird. Check this quote out I received in an E-mail today, I remember hearing it before:

"In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."

"In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

>> > > - NOSTRADAMUS

2001 is the first year of the new century and
this is the 9th month. New York is located at the 41st degree Latitude (some error is to be expected in predictions of this magnitude)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I defy anyone to find that in any of the books written prior to Tuesday.
There is sooo much of this crap going around. Pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

I received a copy of that yesterday via email. It was written with slightly different "detail". What a bunch of morons passing this bs around. That's all we need, it's bad that there are people that will actually believe this hoax. Prepare for many more to come down the pike.

Here's the copy I received. Pretty awesome editing ability for a dead guy.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, two
brothers torn apart by chaos, while the fortress
endures, the great leader will succumb.", "The
third big war will begin when the big city is
burning." "on the 11th day of the 9 month that...two
metal birds would crash into two tall statues...in
the new city... and the world will end soon after"
* Nostradamus 1654

Pretty soon it'll be:
"On September 11, 2001, two 767's will impack the twin towers in New York City"
* Nostradamus 1654

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Thanks Okie,

I was thinking the same thing.

I too find Nostradamus interesting, but I think someone with too much time cobbled that one together.

RZ

B

biglou

Quickly-Very Quickly:

We all need to run out and fill up our gas tanks. Hurry up. Do it now.

Just more self perpetuating B.S. Just like those Emails you get that shuffle a bunch of numbers around with the tag line like "Try this, it is freaky and this is the only year that it will work". Mathematically it is manipulated to produce the desired result no matter what you put into it. Take your age, add the number of the month you were born, subtract that number and WOW! you will come up with your age. But it only works this year, man this is freaky!
*sarcasm mode off*

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
The actual verses are as follows: or at least a prior tweak to fit potential Y2K scare.
I'm not a big believer in prophets, but I predict that somewhere in some place near the middle of an eastern latitude and north of a southern longitude that fire demons will drop from the sky and cause some serious harm!

The year 1999 seven month,
From the sky will come a great King of terror:
To bring back to life the great King of Angolmois, (the Mongols),
Before after Mars to reign by good luck
(Century X, Quatrain 72)

At forty-five degrees, the sky will burn,
Fire approaches the great new city,
Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up
When they want to have verification from the Norman
(Century VI, Quatrain 97)

The king will want to enter the new city,
Through its enemies they will come to subdue it
Captives liberated to speak and act falsely,
King to be outside, he will keep far from the enemy.
Garden of the world near the new city,
In the path of the hollow mountains,
It will be seized and plunged into the Vat,
Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur.
(Century X , Quatrain 49)

By fire he will destroy their city,
A cold and cruel heart,
Blood will pour,
Mercy to none.

Earth-shaking fire from the center of the earth.
will cause the towers around the New City to shake,
Two great rocks for a long time will make war,
And then Arethusa will color a new river red.
(Century 1, Quatrain 87)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Actually Nastrodomus had it fairly close on some predictions when you fudged the interpretation a bit.

Now on to the one first posted. It was written in 1999 by a professor to show how fast the internet would spread and authenticate something. He wrote it as a prediction to the Y2K end of the world. The part of the twin brothers was added by an unknown person this week to fit the New york event

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
"Nastrodomus for Dummies"

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
exactly.. the last posting is correct from what I've heard..You can decifer what ever you want from that language..... I dont put anything into that.
I think it is pretty sick that people are tweaking these "predictions" to suit the present situation. We shouldnt be trying to instill fear in the hearts of Americans, yet inspiration that there is hope....I have trust in my faith.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think everybody got at least twenty copies of that email............ make that twentyone now. :D

GlennP everybody likes zealot, umm, never mind that's Jello :confused:

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by GlennP
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.

New York is located at the 41st degree Latitude
I would interpret this to mean the position of the sun in the sky. The sun would have been at about 45 degrees from the horizon at the time of the first impact, around 9:00-9:30 AM. Not that I believe any of that garbage he supposedly predicted.

Last edited:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Nostradamus is like a monkey wrench. . . You can screw it up to fit anything!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
If I remember correctly, it has been many years since I've read it the older version, and there have been so many revisions in the past few years. It seems he had a prediction of fire from the sky into the city of the new world on the 45th degree sent from a king in a blue turban. And this was all suppose to happen between 1996 and 1999.

The year is off, I've never seen Bin Ladin (sp?) in a blue turban, and NY is not at the 45th degree. And as someone else has said, his words are so general at times you can always make something fit. Even so, it would be interesting to see ACTUAL predictions from Nostradomus and see how close he was.

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
What Drivel

The actual text could be interpreted as a cheese cake recipe.

There are so many BS derivitives of the original text being shot around the net right now it's nausiating.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I find all this stuff kind of interesting in a "Twilight Zone" kinda way. makes you wonder if we can mess the real info up this bad. What happens everyday in the news.:think

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by scar tissue
What happens everyday in the news.:think
They tell you what they (the media) want you to hear, not what you want to hear. Then they tell you what to think about it.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Hate to burst all of the Nastradamus fans bubbles out there, but get an original version-it is pretty darn accurate, right up to the publishing date.

The next one (part deux), regains its accuracy (gasp!) right up to-you guessed it, it's publishing date.

To quote Mr.-Know-it-All, you truly should have known!;)

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
WADE.. can you tell us what the name of the original is? I'd like to read that REAL original, first published copy of this guy/thing/whatever it is. Thanks man!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I can't remember what the name of the book even was-it floated around our high school back in the early 80's. Nastrodamus Does the 80's? No just kidding, I can't remember.

The last that I can remeber, by now we were supposed to be three or four years into total world war while resorting to cannibalism. Fascinating reading, but the future stuff always got fuzzy past the publ date.

Oh BTW, the newest version of twin brothers falling was written by a college student (back east or in Canada), can't remeber where the person claimed to be from. They did it to show how prophetic writings can fit a situation and it got sent on an e-mail fast track.

Top Bottom