Not hot at all!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Heck, this place isn't that hot.
In fact, if a hot topic arises, surely it will simply be deleted.
Can't have anyones wittle feewings, hurt now can we?

List of taboo subjects so far:
1) Politics
2) Global Warming
3) White boots

OK, I've learned my lesson...do not post up concerning any of these issues.
And...this room is for luke-warm topics, not real gripes and flames.

I understand now, and will conform. So mote it be.

:(

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
you forgot assless chaps

sigurd

Jun 24, 2007
Jaybird said:
List of taboo subjects so far:
1) Politics
2) Global Warming
3) White boots

OK, I've learned my lesson...do not post up concerning any of these issues.
And...this room is for luke-warm topics, not real gripes and flames.

I understand now, and will conform. So mote it be.
:(

Did you really post on all three of those and lose them? lol. That is incredibly funny.

I'm no mind reader, but I have a few opinions on why I would delete threads on those topics.

Now first off, there is a political forum for politics. Global warming I've seen a bazillion times, and frankly, most of the posts on that have been political in the sense of endless very boring Gore-bashing. Again political. Whatever the cause of the massive drought in the south, the loss of the polar ice caps, and the North American, European and Asian glaciars, the discussion is never about concrete policy or technology planning issues such as: what do you do when your city runs out of water? Or, what happens when the Colorado runs out of water and Vegas runs dry? So again...quality of the rant/discussion and where is it gonna go.

Now, I dunno about white boots. Maybe that one has been beaten to death like 2 stroke vs 4, and how fast will my bike go? Those don't last more than 30 seconds either. The bottom line is, if the powers that be think a topic has been overdiscussed things get deleted without discussion or redirect to old threads. But the great news is, right here at DRN you can see old very idiotic polls come to the top over and over and over until you want to puke (ktm vs boob job for one nauseating instance. Surely there should be an "end run date" for such senseless trype. Give it a rest already!!!! )

Anyway, it's been a bad week in the flame forum. Probably just trying to keep the place high class Jaybird.

Personally, the thing I like best about DRN isn't the joking around, it's the intellectual discussion about mechanical things, or training tips....Unfortunately there is less and less quality discussion, or even people taking the time to help newbies search topics. So, I try to hide out in the stacks (archives) and stay away from all this other nonsense. ;) It ain't like the old days, my friend.

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Jay - Quit whining like some jilted teen-aged girl. If you want a political forum START YOUR OWN DAMN SITE.The politics forum is gone and you're smart enough to know trying to weasel it back in isn't going to happen.

GET OVER IT. :nener:

sigurd

Jun 24, 2007
The political forum is gone? Lol.

I thought the only two guys who posted there were Jaybird and who is that lawyer with small man syndrome? Crap I can't think of his name.

:clue: Maybe you can open a new forum called "Small Guys Place". The place where guys of small stature and other relevant aspects of their being hang out. ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
Jay, you keep bringing up white boots, we're gonna have to ban you

... or worse make you WEAR THEM. :whoa:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Rich Rohrich said:
... or worse make you WEAR THEM. :whoa:
And I have a feeling that we're not talking about MX boots here! :yikes:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
OK, so we can't discuss issues used by political hacks to bolster their positions, even when they are actually not political issues at all...such as global warming, and how gay white boots are.
Got it. :cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
oh btw....

:moon:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Jaybird said:
...and how gay white boots are.
Got it. :cool:

That topic can only be discussed when wannbe MX hacks try and explain why they aren't gay. :whoa:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I miss you guys. When are we getting together for white-boot-wrestling tag team match?

sigurd

Jun 24, 2007
truespode said:
I vote to get rid of the flame forum too.

Ivan

Man...My telekinetic abilities must be growing awesome!!!.... Seeings as I don't gots no voting privileges, I mentally cast that vote with myself earlier today! (and yesterday... and the day before that... and the day before that.....lol.)

What else is up to be dumped? I'll start thinking on it. I feel like I'm on a roll here. My wish is your command???

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Jay,
GWBs don't bring much heat anymore because the original fab 5 seldom get their GWB's near the dirt anymore. I guess we could reassign a new crew of wearers of the GWBs to poke fun at. Also Ivan doesn't even use a recipe for cookies anymore, he just eats the raw dough from a premade bucket. Yup sad times indeed.

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
this may be off track a bit... but will black spray paint stick to white boots ??? not that i have them or anything, im asking for a friend :whoa:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
SINGLETRAC said:
this may be off track a bit... but will black spray paint stick to white boots ??? not that i have them or anything, im asking for a friend :whoa:
okay, now that was funny right there

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it today.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Patman said:
Also Ivan doesn't even use a recipe for cookies anymore, he just eats the raw dough from a premade bucket.

LOL!

I bought some cookie dough from a guy at work whose daughter was selling it. The cookie dough never made it to the oven, I ate it raw! :)

I still offer up recipes for the right type of troll... got my trollhouse cookies set to go when the time is right ;)

BTW, I still ride (rode this past weekend and am racing this coming weekend) but still not getting me any GWB's.

Ivan

Top Bottom