OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Seeing how Badgerman an son made a epic ride starting from Twin Lake, whats the chance that this might start a push to start the MCCCT from Cedar Creek? Maybe start out riding the north loop before heading over to the Holton an Horseshoe then north an east to the White Cloud trail. Any thoughts? :ride:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
It seems like it would be easy to connect the existing systems using relatively few roads with the exception of getting from the north end of Horseshoe to the Whitecloud trail head. That's gonna be a road trip no matter which way you go.

What a cool idea though!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
del

Last edited:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Woodsy said:
Anyway, from that point you could hook on to the old Rothbury Gas Line (miles and miles of trails BEFORE they put US31 thru)

I grew up about a mile from the origin point of that gas line trail in Twin Lake. We regularly rode that trail all the way to Rothbury with only a short road detour to get over the river at County Line Bridge. I could even ride my Montesa to Rothbury when I needed parts! Those were the days and we took it all for granted, didn’t we.

Do you remember the gravel pits just east of where the gas line trail ends at the river and near the scout camp? We used to play in there for hours! We rode our bikes in there too! ;) There was one little known sand hill in the woods behind that gravel pit that I never saw anyone make it up without pushing. It went right down to the river and there was about a ten yard run at it. How about splashing through Carlton Creek and climbing the “Huge” sand hill on the other side? The bikes we ride now would flatten that hill like it was not even there!

I was up there recently and it is all shut down. The little wooden bridge at the end of the dirt road, where you could cross Carlton Creek and meet back up with the gas line (Sand Road?), is gone. As a matter of fact, it’s all posted and someone is building a home there. There are several other newer homes along that road near the old marl pits.

I felt like that old Indian Chief with a tear in his eye when the litter gets thrown at his feet.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
del

Last edited:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
As long as the trails and roads are there from Cedar Creek to White Cloud, why would they have to be added to the MCCCT officially? Those that don't know the area could learn it by trial and error and have a ball. Those of us that do know can go a different way each time and have the variety. Isn't it said that variety is the spice of life?

YT2

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
INCA said:
. Isn't it said that variety is the spice of life?

YT2

I know a guy who had to much spice once and he burned a hole in his gut and didnt feel good for a month.. Now that theres something to think about next time you start to go down an impassable road Troublemaker...
:laugh:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
-----------and here is what you may come across the next time you wander off into a corn field.

"I don't care which MTR told you variety is the spice of life".

Attachments

• Spice.jpg
    Spice.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 123
Top Bottom