XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
As many of you may have read HERE and HERE, it looks like RC is out of the picture.

Will someone else step up and challenge Reed, or does he have it in the bag?

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
I've heard reports Lusk and Vuillemin putting in some fast lap times, and I'm willing to bet Windham will give Reed some tough competition. Maybe LaRocco will step up this year. Anyone think McGrath will come out of retirement for the first couple races to see how it goes? It's pretty open at this point as long as everyone stays healthy. :moon:

Sounds like that big ole 4-stroke might have got the best of Ricky. Hope he heals up quick. :thumb:

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Originally posted by Truespode
I'm putting my money on Lusk indoors this year. I don't know why but I have a feeling deep down that he will do it.

Either that or I have to take a dump :)

lol Ivan!! :thumb:

I'm hoping for Windham. I'm like his biggest fan! Oh my gosh! te-heh. :cool:
It's really to tough to call, because injuries are a big part in this sport. Even Reed once in 2002, dropped out of the 250 SX and joined the 125 East after he pulled his groin. :eek:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Hopefully we will see a season like the 125 Nationals were this year. It seemed like once everyone realized that James wasn't going to be there that they had a chance, laid their ears back and pinned it. I'm sure that Reed feels like its his title to lose but there are a lot of talented, motivated people out there capable of wins. Health and consistency will be the key.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
My head says Reed, but my heart says KW, but what if Kawasaki sees this as their best chance for a 250 title and lets Bubba run? :debil: BTW Ivan as much as I like Ezra, your feeling will probably pass...... ( with a little serutan)

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
www.usmotocross.com shows 9 125 West races and only 6 125 East races. Isn't it usually 8 and 7? If it is correct Bubba could skip the 125 shootout and run 10 of the 16 250 races and still ride 125 East. Maybe more if he wraps up the 125 East before the last race.

yz400fer69

Jun 5, 2001
Here is the article off of Racer X...

Racer X.........

November 26, 2003

Carmichael Injured

Torrance, CA: American Honda announced today that Ricky Carmichael, defending AMA 250 Supercross and AMA 250 National Motocross Champion sustained a knee injury while pre-season testing for the 2004 season.

Carmichael was examined by his doctor earlier today with the results showing a torn ACL knee ligament. The injury will require surgery with an estimated recovery time of 4 months.

"Ricky and the team were prepared and looking forward to defending the Supercross title", said Honda Race Team Manager, Chuck Miller, "Now Ricky is anxious to get the surgery taken care of so he can start his training for the National Motocross series."

I wonder if this had anything to do with him starting to train on the CRF450? Hey its a thought?
Dave

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
lol rat.

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
I'm sorry you guys, but unless Mr Stewart races 250 the top two will be foreigners, on Yamaha's, assuming Vullemin can stay fit, although personally I would like to see Windham closer to where I think he belongs, and also Lusk to recover from whatever has been ailing him.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
another rumor floating is that Kawi has now offered MC $2million to come out of retirement and race the SX........
I kinda wanted to see Reed take down RC this year. Counting on Reed winning the sx title, will there be the infamous astericks next to his name since no rc in the races... (you know the *, the one we discussed in the past with Grant winning the 125's because Bubba missed 4 races)
anyhow, no saying it will be a cakewalk for Reed either, this news should fire up some others, ie, KW, Lusk, DV to take a shot at it.
Or, maybe Reed will try to do a clean sweep of the series.. Whatever happens, it will be interesting!!!!!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
the one we discussed in the past with Grant winning the 125's because Bubba missed 4 races

No, actually that was because Grant dropped OUT of the big-boy class when he heard JBS was hurt. LOL!!! And then got SPANKED BAD by JBS...

"Let's see. No way can I win anything in the 250's. The fast guy is out for a few rounds in the kiddie class...hummm... "

Vullemin? Are you kidding? His day has come and gone. Top 5 if he's lucky. HE got the babe, his head isn't in it. Well... maybe I could've worded that differently :laugh:

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
I see MC on green.... and maybe a healthy Langston? This is fun for us, maybe not for RC (waiting for surgery)but it opens up a door kind of like the one Bubba opened up at Vegas. It makes everyone re-evaluate the situation.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think the Cobra still has it, but hes had a weird few years-dont count him out.

Wont tort be fit by now? lets not foget how well he was riding sx just before his practice crash-he had a few fastest laps in last seasons SX.

Top Bottom