DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
Can I just slap any numbers on my bike, or are there track/class rules to color/number?

I'd just like to throw a 2 or 3 digit number up on the side of my bike for recognition out on the track, but what if someone has the same number?

Just wondering.

Dan

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
During races Id someone has the same number as you, you can get some electrical tape and add an X.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
DannyMoto07 said:
I'd just like to throw a 2 or 3 digit number up on the side of my bike for recognition out on the track, but what if someone has the same number?

If all you want is to decorate the bike then put whatever you like on the bike. If you plan to race it's best to check with the track/association you are entering the race with. In Canada for the CMRC there is specific numberplate/number colour combo's based on bike size and class.

Also in most cases if there is a conflict the rider who has registered that # in the class runs it and the other rider adds an X to his numbers or they give you a pie plate and felt marker to make yourself new number plates for that day.

DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
Understandable.

It's for decoration/amature racing. I'll have to check with the track and see what they require within the week.

Thanks for the help!

Dan

Top Bottom