firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I heard some disturbing rumors yesterday that popular Gold Bar riding area Reiter Pit is closed, now, permanently, without exception. The story is, that a Jeep driver was recently killed there and his widow has found a way to sue. Also, someone recently shot up a microwave tower up there and caused some very, very expensive damage.

Can anyone tell me the truth to these rumors? The Jackhammer ISDE, originally scheduled 2 months ago, was cancelled and just recently re-scheduled for May 20 at Reiter. It’s a fairly big NW event and that would be too bad if the area is closed. There was a recent trail clean-up event there and there’s a 24-hour "Buttstomper" relay scheduled in July. So I hope that the rumors are untrue.

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
i just heard the same thing today... but that it's a partial closure. something about somebody shooting up some microwave towers, like you said.

ride the heck out of it while you can.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I was there last sunday, I know one road that you used to be able to ride now has no tresspassing signs posted. I haven't heard of it being closed, unless these shootings happen after last sunday. Otherwise it's still open.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well, I was talking to Tory Briggs, NMA president, and he said that the DRN has not closed anything so the only closures are on private lands and logging company land. If anyone asks you to leave or says you will get a ticket, get their name or take their picture or get a license plate # or any kind of information and report it to the DNR. I drove by Saturday and saw lots of bikes in trucks as well as muddy Jeeps so apparently it is still open. Some private tracks are threatened in Snohomish county, though, due to a lack of proper permits to move dirt (when these permits are not even available due to zoning!) So, again, ride the heck out of it while you can.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Live Free or DIE!

I respect the rights of private landowners to do with their land as they please. That may mean closing it or it may mean building a track.

Anyone care to guess what that new cammo riding gear is good for? Hmmmmm?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey, Mace, you gonna be at the Jackhammer on Sunday? I'll be there, helping Steve out in the pits. (no pit wench comments please) Look for RM 125 # 201

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Hey, all! This is my first post here. My name is Jeremy, and I'm looking for some people to go riding with, and new places to go. I usually go to Reiter or Bonney Lake. I almost always have to go by myself, because everyone I used to ride with either doesn't ride anymore, or never wants to. It's just not as fun riding by myself. I really want to start doing organized rides, but I don't know exactly what I need to do, and would prefer to have someone with me to show me the ropes the first time......

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Hey hondaxrguy if you want to go on a sunday let me know just email me, I'm tried of ridding by myself also. I goto reiters like every sunday just about, I've been ridding for a long time and did the 4-H thing awhile back.

Joe
'01 CR125

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Yes, I have been in contact with the NMA president and he filled me in on the details. Thank God they didn't close it--that is a neat area. I was up there for the first time Sunday helping Steve in the pits for the Jackhammer ISDE. Anybody else there? Steve won the Vet Expert class. :)

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I just got back from riding up there today (Monday). I go almost every monday evening. I went during the day today, and ran into a lot of logging/excavating. A lot of the areas were not rideable because of it. Maybe they just are usually done when I get there (usually 5:00PM). Hmm... Anyways, if anyone else is going to go up there on a monday, let me know, I need people to ride with.

Later,
Jeremy

Top Bottom