Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
How many of you would be interested in a little mini-spode fest in the upstate NY area? Im thinking about possibly the Modena area, although Im open to just about anyplace within a 4 hour drive of the Island.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sounds good to me

I’d love to. I was going to put something together but have been too busy. There is a MX track for rent in Montrose,PA that is very nice. http://www.mx573.com/ Small parts store, camping, pond, watering system. I don’t think there are trails to ride on though. It would be a great place to hold something. Maybe we could work out a deal with the owner. I talk to him next time I’m there.

There are suppose to be some trail system near Deposit,NY but I lost the phone number that Silver Bullet posted in a thread last year. Silver Bullet, you out there???

Lets get this rolling…:)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
RM_Guy, Im going to email Silver Bullet, and let him know whats up. I know Shaw520 is out there too, and would probably be into it. Hey Greg, you there buddy?

Last edited:

Silver Bullet

Mar 7, 2000
I would definately be into a NY Spodefest! Modena could be cool or perhaps the track RM Guy mentioned. It would have to be a fairly easy road trip so I could get up and back the same day. I'd be into just about anything to get together. RM Guy- I had that phone number I sent you but I will have to try to find it again. I think I got it from one of my NETRA newsletters. I will try to hunt it down again. Keep me up to date. Wayne we still gotta get to the track together. Maybe week after next? I'll let you know.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Waitin' on you Bullet! Lets get out there!:cool:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I found the number

I think the original thread was deleted but I actually found a printout of it in my briefcase (don’t ask:eek: ). I haven’t called yet but the guy’s name is Eric Krobath and the numbers is (516)889-1375

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Count us in for a NY spodefest, but there'd better be trails to ride on! Everyone always laughs at me if I ride the MX track with barkbusters and a headlight...:confused:

nkd

Mar 3, 2000
Count me in too!

Sounds great! I will do trails or track, just let me know
and I'll bring some friends too. It would be great
to meet everyone!

Nancy (AKA Harleygal)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Everyone always laughs at me if I ride the MX track with barkbusters and a headlight...:confused:
Hey Lori, if I can ride in the woods with wide handle bars then you can ride on a track. Besides I have bark busters on my bike. They add to the spode effect.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Gotta have my woods!

It just wouldn't be a spodefest without seeing someone... RM_guy... tag a tree at speed. :p

I've heard of a place near Albany that has a SX track, old school MX track and an 8 mile enduro/hare scramble trail. If anyone is interested, I could find out some more information.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Modena, NY?

From the looks of everyone here, I would think that Modena, NY, http://www.atvnewyork.com/
would be the choice spot to accomodate us all. Theres a little of everything, so it should suit us. They also hosted a HS in April. Its about 125 miles from Binghamton, around 75 from Albany, Not too far from Jersey, and around 110 from here. Let me know what you all think?!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I think we could drive 4 hours for a NY Spodefest! Sounds like a good location, with electric hookup for trailers and on-site showers.
Now, the next big question: When?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
:cool:

How's everybody's schedule look in July?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Wow a fest close to home!:cool:
Got room for a spode from Rhode Island?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
July looks doable for me. I will probably not stay overnight, just get there early and leave late.

Is anyone a club member for this place in Modena?. It looks like a good place but I wonder how crowded it gets. Maybe we can make it a week day and miss any crowds. Any thoughts?

I noticed there sound restrictions of 65dB at 200 feet. Does anyone know if stock MX bikes will meet this?

Papakeith, you’d better be there. You’re the #1 DRN support team member :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I might be able to make it depending on when it is. If i get my promotion then a week day is out of the question, but weekends are fine. I'll keep checking this tread.

Silver Bullet

Mar 7, 2000
July would probably work for me. A weekday would be better for me but a weekend might be doable. Modena is pretty cool. IT had a little of everythign although unless they built a track this year there really wasn't any motocross area. Mostly open riding through some pits, fields and an orchard. There are also lots of trails. It would be a great place or a day trip though just to get everyone together!

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Bill,
They say they have a "practice" motocross track, whatever that means. Probably means they dont hold races on it. No pics on the website, though.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Originally posted by RM_guy
I noticed there sound restrictions of 65dB at 200 feet. Does anyone know if stock MX bikes will meet this?
I saw that too. I also noticed that the banner read " No modified or aftermarket silencers" If true I would imagine that would X out a good many of us.

On the date:
I have plans for the weekend of the 14th. Other than that weekend, I am good to go! :)
A weekday might be do-able.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Enforceable db's?

Im not too sure that they will actually lock you out if you have an aftermarket exhaust. What they are trying to do is keep a handle on noise emissions, so that the brainless few dont show up with an entire exhaust missing. I know several people that have gone there with 2smokes, w/ aftermarket exhausts, and nothing was mentioned to them.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
July would be Ok, as long as it's after the weekend of July 8th. (And preferably before July 29th). Our club's enduro is on the 8th, so we'll be pretty busy up to that point. Weekends are good, although a day trip during the week might be possible.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Just about any weekend in July except the holiday, (4th), is ok with me as well. How many of you want to do it on the weekday as opposed to the weekend? Im cool with it either way.

Silver Bullet

Mar 7, 2000
I have been to Modena several times. Here's the deal (at least as of last season- heven't been there yet this year). The property is basically open riding anywhere you want. The place is an old campground so there is a parking area when you pull in and you can park wherever you want, unload, and ride. I have always gone during the week. When you pull in you just park and start riding. At some point during the day the owner will find you near your vehicle and hit you up for the fee and have you sign a waiver. It has always been pretty low key. As far as the silencer thing goes, last year they were forced to close down for a short time due to noise complaints. I think the silencer thing was started to make others happy. I don't think it will be an issue at all as long as there are no hacked up hollow silencers screaming around. Also unless they improved it, the practice track as they call it is a few small jumps and turns that are not groomed. It is a fun place to ride though!:cool:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
How a bout the weekend of the 21st and 22nd? I'll only make it one of the days.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I have weekends off, but could squeeze in a weekday with two-weeks notice. How about a Friday/Saturday... 6/20 & 6/21?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom