Dozerpilot

Sep 28, 2004
Do you need a spacer to clear the case? My friend just ordered a o-ring chain and a set of primary drive steel sprockets for his 03 CRF450. He heard that the chain could rub the case at the front sprocket. Any truth to this? Thanks in advance.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I hate spacers. You cannot properly align the chain drive when you space out the CS sprocket.
Maybe I'm just anal. (shrug)

Dozerpilot

Sep 28, 2004
Hey thanks guys! He didn't order any spacers, and didn't say what brand the chain is. I think he just ordered the Primay Drive kit from Rocky Mountain MC. I guess we'll find out tommorrow. Thanks again.

krosser

Apr 7, 2003
The DID X ring gold is the thinnest but it is still tight. It is also up there with the strongest. Sidewinder rec a spacer but their chain is wider than the DID. Most web sites give dimensions and i don't fancy a spacer.

kd7akn

Jun 17, 2002
Spacer?

:think:
g_man80 said:
On the following link that Quicksilver gave me the stock chain is listed as being an O-ring. I'm not sure if it is correct or maybe Regina, DID, ect. o-ring chains are slightly thicker.

---> 2003 CRF240 specs

My '03 did not come with an O-Ring chain. I did put a DID X-Ring on with a spacer. Very tight without one.

g_man80

Nov 30, 2004
kd7akn said:
:think:

My '03 did not come with an O-Ring chain. I did put a DID X-Ring on with a spacer. Very tight without one.
Mine doesn't have one either. I thought it was strange when I read it. I guess those are more 'guessifications' than specifications :) .

Top Bottom