breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
I bought a 2000 yz250 that has a non o-ring chain on it. It's about time to change it. If I go with an o-ring will I notice a reduction in power due to drag, like I did on my kdx200? The yz is stock and I am happy with the power but I don't want to slow it down any. Should I consider changing form 14/50 to 14/51 to compensate for the drag?

adamant

Mar 20, 2006
I bought an O-ring chain once & it really slowed down my kdx125. I would have thought on a 250 mx bike. It would not really slow the bike down due to drag as the 250's have a lot of pull anyway. But if drag on a chain & performance is something that worrys you on your bike. I would get an X-ring chain instead. There suposed to be a lower friction chain than an O-ring, so should be better for you

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
I cant believe that you would feel a power loss on a 250 with an o ring chain . Unless you are a top rider and that half second is making a difference .

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Use the O-ring chain if the conditions you ride in warrant it. Where I ride, the advantages out way the drag which I doubt I'll ever notice.

Top Bottom