RedRyder

Mar 29, 2001
OK, search on this topic didn't help. I've just recieved some O Frame Oakley goggles and a pack of tear offs. The posts on the lens are too far apart for the holes in the tear offs. There are two "V" shaped plastic tabs, which I suppose fit into the "strap slot" at the lateral edges of the goggle frame. I can't seem to fit them in without tearing the strap all to pieces. No info came with the tear offs or lenses on how to rig these things up. What am I missing?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The pegs on the lens should provide for a snug fit, almost, but not quite to far apart. Check the inside of the lens and see if there is a slot that will allow you to turn the peg. If so then it is probably for adjusting the tension on he tear-off. There may be a third post that attaches to the strap and a corresponding third hole in the tear-off. If you are loading more than one, then you fold the flap end back over to the nearest post before attaching the next tear-off to that post.

The following link contains a couple of pictures of Oakley goggles with tear-offs installed.
http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/how_to/article/0,13190,661101,00.html

Disclaimer: This has been a general tutorial based on my current use of Spy goggles, as well as my past use of Scott goggles. I have never attached a tear-off to (or even taken a close look at) and Oakley goggle.

RedRyder

Mar 29, 2001
Thanks for the reply and link Fru... but... the pegs are way too far apart for the tear offs, though. Like a quarter inch or so. Its like they sent me some one size fits all (youth and adult) tear offs and the black V-shaped plastic things are for bringing the pegs closer in. They have pegs on them, so thats gotta what they're for, and I think I saw them on a set of goggles in a catalog a while back. It just feels like I'm gonna break them forcing them into the slot where the strap goes through the frame, and I'm making little tears in the strap fabric. Man, these are sweet goggles, and I dont want to tear something up on them before I even get to use them.

Top Bottom