Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
YeeeeHaw !!!

Someone who works all week and rides on weekends ...Thats me !!!

Yes Ocala is a distance for me but I have no problem doing a whole weekend.

tell me what your pondering

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
Hi Yamamoto. Haven't checked back here for a while, glad I did today. I've been to a couple/three areas at Ocala by myself and found one area I like better than the others, so far. One more to check out.

I have too much stuff going on to spend both week-end days riding, but...and I'm going to run the FTR HS series. Might have a problem matching our schedules, but if I say I'll be there, I'll be there.

I'm wanting someone to ride with so I can get up to HS speed (not that fast for me). I ride real cautious like when I'm alone, and I'd like to push my new ride a little to see how we get along.

If you are into camping there are of course unlimited opportunities, full service to rustic. You can ride right into your tent at some sites.
If you decide to camp, bring everything you need - some places are too many miles from a store of any kind.

This Sat(8/18) or next Sun(8/26) would be good for me. Bob@bomar.com

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
I cannot help but Laugh

I bring everything .....I can camp Rustic (My choice) ....you name it I have it Generator, ele. shaver, stoves, grills, tools, air matresses, ect.

example this weekend I am camping at my favorite spot with nothing but dirt.
at night we fish and just have a great time, there is no place else I wanna be.

I will be gone Fri-Sun.

Zippy22

Jul 21, 2001
Hey Fl Bob I ride in the Ocala National Forest atleast twice a month. I live in South Florida now but I grew up in the Ocala Forest. With the FTR season about to get underway I doubt I'll be doing that much riding since there's a race just about every weekend. I'm planning on doing all of the Enduro's and only select HS, but if there's going to be a big break in races or something comes up I will post something saying where and when. My mother lives on the southern central border of the Forest, so all I have to do is pull the bike out of the garage, fire her up and hed out. I've lived and rode in the Ocala National Forest since I was born so I've been just about everywhere you can go and as far as I'm concerned where I ride has the best trails in the forest.

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
Zippy22 - Great to hear from somebody that knows the Forest. I've been out a couple of times exploring. Endless jeep trails - single track seems to be becoming overgrown or blocked by too many fallen tree truncks. Anyhow, I will anxiously await your invitation! Also, check out the thread entitled "Croom tomorrow". A few of us are trying to hook-up - hasn't happened yet but I'm thinking that if there's someone willing to show us some trails in the Forest it will!

Zippy22

Jul 21, 2001
Hey FlBob, I'd love to show some new guy's some new trails. Like I mentioned in my last post though, seeings how the season is about to get underway I don't know how much riding I'll be doing in the forest, but when I do I will let everyone know. My wife just reminded me that we will be going to my mom's house the weekend of the 28th, 29th, and the 30th of September. My wife and mother are going to a woman's convention, so it'll just be my stepfather, my bestfriend and I. There's a race in Ocala that weekend but I will not be going since I'm planning on attending the Tall. Enduro the following weekend. A little to much on the pocket book if you know what I mean. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post directions.

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
Zippy22
I'm planning on racing the Hardrock HS on Sunday. I'll check with the bride, maybe I can play for a while on Saturday, if I'm not working on a side job to get money to play (can you say catch 22?). Anyhow, I'll watch this thread and stay in touch.
I was hoping to go to the Tallahassee Enduro also but looks like our vacation trip (first in a long, long time) will interfere. Small sacrifice compared to the stuff she has to put up with. Later.

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
FLBob: The State Line Hare Scramble is this weekend in Pinetta (North Florida) The Hard Rock Hare Scramble is scheduled for September 29-30. Didn't want you to go to the wrong location. Might get lonely there by yourself.

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
KTM/MAICO - Thanks. I was thinking Pinetta when I wrote that, so I think I would have gone to the right place, but it is only a matterof time before I show up at the wrong place! Let's see, would I finish in first place or last place?
I often drive to the races the morning of the race so I'm often leaving in the middle of the night and am just a little dazed and confused.
Are you going to the State Line HS? I'll be there Mas #9B, if the tropical depression off the West coast doesn't flood us out again!

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
FLBOB: I'll be in a pit crew for another Super Senior C rider while recovering from a broken knee. Maybe next month I can ride the saturday (Super Vintage) and sunday (Super Senior C) events.

I will look you up on Sunday.

Top Bottom